• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Great, now how do I get this thing home???

rbarton

Hi, I've been lurking on this site for a little while now and have learned a lot from you guys. I won an M35A2 w/winch a while back and my EUC just went through. Now I need to figure out how to get the truck home within the next week and a half. I really am not able to take the time off work right now to try to get the truck running and drive it, so I'm looking for a shipper. Can anyone recommend someone to haul it from Fort Riley, KS to Excelsior Springs, MO? The pick up is the important part; the truck could sit somewhere for a while before delivery if it would make it easier.

If you have any ideas I would sure appreciate it!

Thanks,
Rick

rbarton

Thank you much for the help. I found a hauler through Uship and the truck should be here tomorrow. Jason, I'll have to check that place out when I get the truck sorted out.

renovate7

Because of this thread I joined and posted on Uship today. I have already received 2 responses with a price of $425 to haul 180 miles. I think that is quite reasonable considering what fuel costs. I'm waiting on my EUC but for that kind of money will definately pay to have it "brought home".

wdbtchr

I just had an '89 Suburban hauled from Ft. Leavenworth to St. Louis, MO on Uship for $400. I thought pretty good for a 6000# vehicle for 325 miles.

rbarton

Pics coming soon! We unloaded the truck yesterday. The guy I was hooked up with on Uship did a great job. I'm very happy with the shape the truck is in - a little rust under the right door but none I found anywhere else and it starts right up and drives.

Anyone in Missouri have any suggestions on licensing? Thanks again for the help.