• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Greatings from WV.

Spectre

Greetings from WV.

Hey guys, new here obviously. I came to maybe pick your guys' brains as you guy most certainly have a vast collective knowledge of military Vehicles. Im in the WV Army National Guard, and since joining have fallen in love with military vehicles. I've been looking for an good m35 for about a year now to use around the farm and for airsoft games, (I'm long time airsoft enthusiast, and having a 2 1/2 would improve the accessibility of my field as well as improve the experience of the games). I've just kinda been scoping out Ebay motors and Government liquidation to see what kinda money these go for, and Some seem to be dirt cheap, even in working order, while others can go for 15000+. I was put of by government liquidation because the vast distances of travel involved, and the lack of description on most suitable vehicles. I recently found and M35 for sale by a local gas well company (and my neighbors). This appeals to me because of the close location (just 10 minutes from my house) and the fact our families know each other well. I asked about it today and was told i was welcome to go check it out. The truck runs, though unfortunately it hadn't run in a while so we had to start it with ether (I know at the unit we're absolutely not allowed to do that unless its the only way) The engine is clean as a whistle, tires look good. Its a manual transmission, and doesn't seem to have a turbo. Other than the ether thing there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with it other than a possible class 1 leak on the transmission. Not sure if its an A1, 2, 3, or what have you. (the plate on the inside was faded) 40,000 miles and 248 hour on it. The ruck does not currently have the benches or top on it, and I'm not sure if the owner has them. The guy is asking 4500 for it. Everyone i talk to (including myself) thinks this is a BIT high, though I figured I would take my question to people who really know what they're doing. So is this a reasonable price for this truck? Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Last edited:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Welcome to the Green Iron Laughing Accademy.

I came to maybe pick your guys' brains as you guy most certainly have a vast collective knowledge
In the case of some of these characters the pickings may be slim.roflrofl

In my opinion if you are only going to buy one vehicle a private sale is prob your best bet.

You can test the vehicle, get to know the owner and get a feel for what you are getting into.

Maybe there is a fellow member near you that can give you a second set of eyes and ears.

The market is flooded with deuces now.....your quoted price is a hair high to me but there may not be many in your area.

Good luck and again....welcome to the big boys clubhouse.

amaverick88

Welcome aboard. And thank you for your service. I will agree with wreckerman and say that price is a little high. Maybe you can talk him down a bit. There is a wealth of knowledge on here.

AceHigh

About a year ago the WVARNG surplused a bunch of trucks. They all looked great. I wanted one or several but didn't bid. Keep your eyes open, there are great trucks around.

What part of WV? Welcome and enjoy!

Spectre

Jackson county.

And we do fully plan on talking him down a bit. As for trucks in the area I've searched high and low for a year. Only found one in the state.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Welcome. I'm also originally from WV.

He's asking about 2-2.5 K too much and since it hasn't moved in a long time, provably 3K too much. You will have tor break it in again after changing all the fluids.

Post a picture though so we can see it to better determine things. If it is a drop side, add another 500-1K, winch add another, rear PTO, Electric wiper kit. Other add ons can increase the price a littler

Good luck

Spectre

No winch, No electric wipers, no PTO and its not a drop side. I'll get pictures up soon. And i will ask just how long "awhile" is. The battery was in the yellow when i started it. And thanks for warm welcome. I had no idea there would be this many people from west virginia.

1redgmc

Welcome

I'm in the Eastern panhandle, and like misterbill - I went to Maryland - but there are PLENTY around here (and many more in Virginia and Pennsylvania that are NICE). Cruise the classifieds on this site - and if you do nothing else - GET ONE WITH A CLEAR TITLE!!

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Welcome

I'm in the Eastern panhandle, and like misterbill - I went to Maryland - but there are PLENTY around here (and many more in Virginia and Pennsylvania that are NICE). Cruise the classifieds on this site - and if you do nothing else - GET ONE WITH A CLEAR TITLE!!
Where at in the eastern panhandle? I once lived between Hedgesville and Ye Ole Town of Bath. Also lived 1/2 way between Grafton and Mo town. Then lived awhile in Fredneck. You're right, a lot of deuce owners in MD.

Last edited:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
BTW--Spectre, you may want to change the original title to Greetings instead of Greatings. I got it but I'm not sure all the others will get it. Having lived outside WV for awhile, I've come to know that not everyone gets our humor. Most might think you don't know how to spell.

Then again, all us EERs can laugh and them laughing at us and we'll still be the ones on top laughing at them laughing at us. Or something like that.

1redgmc

Where at in the eastern panhandle? I once lived between Hedgesville and Ye Ole Town of Bath. Also lived 1/2 way between Grafton and Mo town. Then lived awhile in Fredneck. You're right, a lot of deuce owners in MD.
Southern Berkeley Co - Bunker Hill (for the last ten years) - before that Hedgesville (off of Rt 9), before that Martinsburg - and before that Hagerstown - and before THAT - many places while I was active duty... but I started out in Falling Waters down along the river.

I have friends in Fredneck, plus a few in E-burg and Taneytown from when I was stationed at Site R

I like the fact that we can go out on I-81 and go from VA to WV to MD to PA in 40 minutes

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Site Who? Never heard of it. You never did either but when we meet we can use the cone of silence to see what year you weren't there to see if I wasn't there either.

justinmcmillion

I'm in the same boat... Live just outside of charleston WV and can't find one local. Waiting for the right one with the right stuff to come across eBay or the classifieds that's close enough to drive home in a weekend.... There is one thats bobbed up near Parkersburg but the guy wants 15k... I ask him if it came with a briefcase that had $7500 in it... Good luck fellow WVion

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
If you're having that much trouble, I make trips from Atlanta to MD/PA/VA area about 2-3 times a year. Next year I'm looking at the NJ Show, Aberdeen, the one in Ohio, and probably Gilbert. So that is April/May/May and Sept. The initial trip in April would be best. I could drive it up assuming the following: it is a runner, you would pay for fuel, I could haul my load up on it, use it in the area for the week I'm in the area, and I got a airline ticket back to ATL.

Clinto had some nice deuces for sale, not sure if you'd be interested in any of them.