• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Green day out-england

m880 unimog

today i got all the b-s from the vehicle licensing authority,s put away and went to get another green machine for the fleet-1991 leyalnd daf-winch truck-4x4-
neat little trucks-cummins 6bt 12valve power-spicer 6 speed trans-getrag 304 2 speed transfer-12.00x20,s-winch is 5500kgs with 75m cable-

here,s a load of pictures from the yard i got the truck-it,s crouch,s,been dealing with david crouch for many years,and he always plays straight.

there were a few bits of tut around the yard too-DROPS-FH70 HOWITZERS-BEDFORDS -SCANIAS-SCAMMELLS-RB44,s-ETC-

Attachments

Last edited:

m880 unimog

Thats awesome. any more pics of that trailer?
hey,im pulling the U.A.V. shelter off the trailer tomorrow,so will get some shots of it bare,it is plated at 2.5 tonnes but we have had almost twice that on there and it tows like a dream.

it,s a MESA corp trailer built in switzerland for the british army.

cheers:cool:

m880 unimog

thanks guys,the howitzer is pretty cool it has a volvo b20 engine which can self propell it and run the hydraulic pack.the main howitzer wheels are able to be driven from the saab/scania 111s 6x6 prime mover-making it an 8x8.

i hope to get to drive one of these before he sells them all!!

m880 unimog

thanks cjt....here,s a few more pics-we have our first local hot rod/antique bike/military vehicle show here this weekend-i organised it in memory of my kid bro-should be fun-will get some pics up of that too-

the last three show-the MESA trailer with the fitted frame and tilt/canopy and with the drawbar short coupled.

the last is of a foden DROPS -an 8x8 beast of a truck-seen these drag 48tonne chieftain hulks across warminster tank ranges-awesome indeed.

[i know a chieftain weighs more than 48 tonnes] ,but after a HEAT/APFSDS/HESH diet,they weigh considerably less-:evil:
it is truly sobering to see 3 foot thick homogenous armour with holes blown through it.

Attachments

Pawnshop

If I ever win the lottery or otherwise become obscenely rich I will have to build a hangar to house all of my EX MOD iron... those Leyland-DAF 4x4s are sweet. Thanks for sharing!

m880 unimog

here,s the UAV shelter mounted on my truck-it,s around 2500kgs and really smooth,s the ride out.
couple more of the MESA trailer-it will be getting the deck extended to full length to allow bigger vehicles to be carried.
here,s our par tay tent-the tilt was from an old RAF truck,and the frame work is aluminium,U.S. ARMY.really easy and fast to put up.and stores away very compact.
our group motto ' the future,s bright-the future,s green '[thumbzup]

Attachments

m880 unimog

If I ever win the lottery or otherwise become obscenely rich I will have to build a hangar to house all of my EX MOD iron... those Leyland-DAF 4x4s are sweet. Thanks for sharing!
cool-a friend of ours has just such a structure,it,s 300 feet long and around 100 foot wide-he call it his 'toybox' -it,s stuffed full of green-machines;-lucky man.[thumbzup]

Last edited:

m880 unimog

hey,found a few more shots-
another HUDDLE of swedish army howitzers-
two generations of bedford GS cargo trucks
a TM bedford and a SCAMMELL crusader wrecker
a IVECO 110 [i think] and a beddy tm
a FODEN FH 70 artillery limber [155mm howitzer]-although crane is usually mid mounted
2 small comms shelters
a UAV control shelter [top] and a liason shelter.
a MILITANT wrecker
a BEDFORD TM 6X6 cargo gs crane truck
and a beautiful SCAMMELL BALLAST TRUCK

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks