• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Green Fever Folks are the BEST!

palskidoo

I just have to say that the people in this GREEN FEVER military truck hobby are some of the best people around; here on this site as well as in person. Case in point, this past weekend:

On saturday I went to my first military truck show (me deuce "EV" didnt go unfortunately) and i wasn't expecting too too much, just to see some trucks and get some ideas on what I can do with my deuce. However, once I mentioned to a few people I had a M35A2 the tips and helpful hints started pouring out! I got contacts for parts guys all over the east coast on gentlemen even took the time to go thru an entire winch setup from the cable to the mounts to the pto itself when i told him i was in the market for one. Everyone seemed to be on the same page and ready to share their experiences with the trucks. So I left the show with contacts of people who had the parts Ive been looking for and a much better understanding of my truck BUT Sunday was by far the best experience ive had with military trucks, this is what happened:

I had the itch all morning to get my truck out and put some miles on her but some chores got in the way. Finally around lunch time I grabbed her and went for a little cruise and on the way back I saw an old willys jeep all done up with military memorabilia driving toward me. As he got closer I noticed him pull over on the side of the road and watch me wave as I went by him. Thinking that was a little odd I slowed and watched in mirror as he turned around in the road and began to follow me. I turned into my neighbor hood and waited for the jeep to approach. He slowly passed me waving for me to follow him to a parking lot a couple hundred feet up. I followed a little on edge not sure what to expect but once we parked and walk over the this man he starts with "you have driven by my house about a dozen times in the past few months and each time i hear you coming i jump in my truck and try to track you down so i can meet you". I thought it was funny and this man introduced himself a Bob and that he was a friend of a friend of mine and that he has been collecting military trucks since the late 70's and always wanted a whistler deuce! he proceeded to invite me to his house to see his FIVE other jeeps as well as his MULE!!! after a little tour of his restored jeeps one being from the from lines in Italy in WW2 he hands me a boarding ladder for the bed of my deuce and says "heres a present for you" HE GAVE ME A BOARDING LADDER FOR MY DEUCE AND I HAD ONLY KNOWN THE GUY FOR 30 MIN TOPS!! we proceeded to BS about military trucks and plans for my deuce. Then as i was leaving he told me he was on his way to a ceremonial American Flag burning to properly dispose of the old flags with a ceremony and the 9 yards and invited me to tag along. So we convoyed our way to the ceremony where i later found out was half way thru when we pulled in and the whistler was rather interrupting :tank: It was a nice ceremony and to top it off there was a restored halftrack there! one of only 2 in the state of CT as i was told.

But to wrap this up you green fever folks are, in my experience, some best people around and i hope i can continue that trend for others!

Attachments

Triple C

Well said palskidoo. I agree with you whole heartedly. I bought my truck before I found this site and did almost everything wrong and they could have let me have it when I posted up how excited I was about the truck and my recovery - but they didn't. Instead they directed me to Glen for a new tire. Yep, good folk here, thanks for joining.

Cannoncocker

Some of the best people drive green vehicles

You meet the nicest people driving a military vehicle. Not only do they help each other they will help those they don't know. When your broke down the jerks don't stop!
:beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks