• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Green panel light bulb source

cbisson

Does anyone have a source for the green panel light bulbs? They are part# 6s6-30v. I can find plenty of the clear ones but the greens have so far been hard to find. There is a vendor called National Fuse that has them on their website but when I ordered them they shipped clear bulbs.

Thanks,

-Craig

cbisson

This exact item? https://nationalfuse.com/shop/6s630v-801/ It has a -801 in the part number, which your item above doesn't. Does your paperwork match your original number?
Yes and yes. The part number in the -24 is the one I cited. The -801 denotes green. National fuse lists them as -801 but its not what they ship or seem to actually have. (called them).

Thanks for the assist.......still looking for a source.

Last edited:

Guyfang

Staff member
Last night, while spending 2 hours looking in the big auction site, under the search of just MEP, I saw at least one, if not two listings for green bulbs. I looked through about 25-30 pages, and can not remember where it was. You can find an increadable amount of Gen Set parts by just looking under MEP, that will not show up otherwise.

cbisson

Last night, while spending 2 hours looking in the big auction site, under the search of just MEP, I saw at least one, if not two listings for green bulbs. I looked through about 25-30 pages, and can not remember where it was. You can find an increadable amount of Gen Set parts by just looking under MEP, that will not show up otherwise.
Thanks for looking. I found a couple adds for the lamp assemblies but struck out on just the green bulbs. Were the adds you found for just the bulbs? Oh and if you use MEP -memphis as your search string it cuts out about a million motorcycle windshield adds.

Thanks again....I'll keep digging.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saw a listing on ebay for the bulbs from Green Mountain Generators, but it said they were LED not incandescent.

Chainbreaker

You could try painting them green if you really need green bulbs. I found this article on the web:

"Robert Iodice, Licensed Engineer, Lighting Designer, Certified Energy Manager, Lic. Electrician
Updated Apr 5, 2019 · Author has 1.2k answers and 2m answer views

Originally Answered: How can I spray paint light bulbs?
So, there's a couple ways to color lamps, and yes I have spray painted lamps successfully before but it's not my first choice.
Recently I needed a lot of LED lamps dyed blue. I used Pebeo Vitrea stained glass paint and was able to dip-dye them. It gave me the most consistent color, and because of the range available I was able to create a custom color for the application.
http://www.utrechtart.com/Pebeo-Vitrea-160-Glass-Paint--Set-of-10-Colors-MP-02950-001-i1025425.utrecht
I used a bunch of clip-lights to handle the lamps, and to allow me to clip them up to drip dry.
Krylon makes an aerosol glass paint. I've never used it before but I plan on trying it the next time I have a large number of lamps to dye, because it's got to be less expensive.
Krylon® DIY Series™ Stained Glass Paint
Lastly, I have had some success using aerosol Krylon paint when it used to be a lacquer. The formula changed in 2009, however, to an enamel and it really doesn't work as well as it did for painting lamps. If you decide to use another spray paint, make sure it's a lacquer not an enamel. Enamels usually have too high of a solids content and therefore tend to opacify the lamp’s envelope, reducing the light output.
Regardless of which coating you use, when you energize your lamps for the first time, be sure to do it in a well ventilated area (maybe outside?) The coating tends to outgas pretty quickly and, until it completely dries, it's flammable and you don't want to have a safety issue. Once the lamps dry during that burn-in period, and all of the solvent has outgassed, the chance of it catching fire is nil.
Edit: So I had occasion to go back and check on the lamps I dipped in stained glass paint and I'm pleased to report no appreciable fading after almost 3 years. I had hoped that they would last, but I really didn't expect the experiment to be this successful. I guess that that says something."

cbisson

We used magic marker, green color. Worked. I have no idea how long, but for at least a while.
I'm just being nit picky. I like to keep the 802's as original as possible. I'll just use the clears for now. Some green ones will turn up eventually.

Thanks to you all for the help and suggestions.

-Craig

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks