• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Green_Radio_Fans Yahoogroup

wa1tej

Hi

I started this as a forum for all aspects of military surplus commo gear, including buying, selling & trading. You can find it at Green_Radio_Fans@yahoogroups.

All are welcome!

Jack

wa1tej

emmado22 said:
link didnt work for me... Are you into SINCGARS stuff?
Hmm. Link should work. Go to Yahoogroups & search for that Group name.

No info on SINCGARS stuff. If it were available it would be demilled + expensive = pricey doorstop!

I have clean, working VRC-12-series radios & accessories: complete radio sets VRC-46, -47, -48, -49, -54, -64, VIC-1. RT-524s & R-442s with mounts, cables & antennas. All new paint + 100% operational No crypto or SINCGARS stuff.

Jack

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually, the PRC-119 and other SINCGARS units are now being surplussed out, sans the encryption module. About 1,000 units were sold off last year through a government agency (not DoD) without the module, to allow use by civilian radio operators without breaking any laws. Current surplus market value of a PRC-119 is about $2,500 in good shape.

wa1tej

maddawg308 said:
Actually, the PRC-119 and other SINCGARS units are now being surplussed out, sans the encryption module. About 1,000 units were sold off last year through a government agency (not DoD) without the module, to allow use by civilian radio operators without breaking any laws. Current surplus market value of a PRC-119 is about $2,500 in good shape.
Thanks! Learn something new every day. Good news for guys restoring late model vehicles but I found none on the Internet, even at the big time surplus dealers.

My radio systems are for vehicles in the time frame 1965-1990 that used the VRC-12-family.

Jack :roll:

wa1tej

emmado22 said:
Murphy's surplus has them, both NON ICOM(100% working) and ICOM(missing the COMSEC module)
I got this email from Mike this AM:

JACK:

FED LAW FORBIDS ADVERTISING THEM OUTSIDE THE USA .

I HAVE RT-1439/VRC READY TO USE WITH ACC. $2800
If you gotta have it, there it is. But complete VRC-46, -47, -48 & -64 systems with accessories, new paint, antenna & cables go for less than half that figure.

Mike's a nice guy. I've bought from him in the past (PRC-68B(V1) & I've been to his shop in Cajon. I didn't see him at the Dayton Hamvention this year. That fine institution has slipped sadly, likely due to a combination of the Internet, eBay & the Old Timers getting too old to attend. I only scored an antique R-54/APR-4 EW radar receiver for an overseas collector client & a demilled PRC-77 (the one I have on eBay at the moment, item #270001034401).

Jack :roll: