• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Greetings from afgahnistan/colorado springs

klsmith925

hows it going guys i just got out of the army i was a mechanic for the army ive worked on everything with wheels so if anyone needs assistance or advice feel free to ask im not a super expert but ive learned alot.i just learned about this site looking to buy a bobbed duece once i get back to colorado springs i work as a contractor in afgahnistan now turning wrenches look forward to learning alot from this site already have well have a good day boys

91W350

Welcome from Kansas. I have been to the Springs many times, beautiful part of the state. We had family that lived there, later I started running over to Buena Vistea every chance I got. The drive west from the Sprins to Buena Vista is awesome! I am past due for another trip! Glen

Cleptomaniac

Welcome from Oklahoma Have worked their 2X once for 1and a half months and once for 3 months. The snow birds are rough!! But is fun other than that. Hope you get a bobber I had one i built and loved it. Going to make a extended cab next:)

Stan Leschert

With that offer, you're going to be happily busy. Welcome aboard.

Leave your wallet at the coat check, the privately funded green truck addiction is spendy....

But at least you don't have to ask Uncle, when you want to borrow the truck for the weekend!

On the other hand, his roadside assitance, while not quick,
didn't cost more than a good chunk of your butt chewed out!

klsmith925

lol yes i am slowly finding out that the duece is a addiction and i have a problem lol i dont have one yet
its ok once i get back that will change i think ill have to name her jenny but you never know maybe she wont like that name lol i love this site it is great i havent eaten lunch in like 4 days cuz ive been on here reading all the posts theres alot of tricks im finding out and all kinds of good stuff we have a duece here at work i love that thing alot of the guys here hate driving it which is good cuz more time for me lol

SPCWarning

Welcome from Mississippi

Welcome aboard! Thanks for the mechanical offer. I'm sure you'll get lotsa questions. If you get bored, there are already LOTS of questions in the forums that you may be able to answer.
Idea: in the mornings, pack a couple sammiches to munch on while you're on Steel Soldiers.......gotta have your nourishment for all the work you'll have to do when you get back. Not only on your Deuce, but for fellow members...... just a thought.

Blueduce

Welcome from a fellow newbie. I'm in Dallas now but wife and I will be moving to Castle Rock after the first of the year. I hope this isn't a conflict of interest with this site but since you are in the central Colorado you may want to check out the Military Vehicles Collectors of Colorado (MVCC) website. At mvcconlone.org They may be able to help you find that Bob Duce your looking for.

mcmullag

neighbor

Look me up when you get back in town, I have a rf blinker on my deuce that does not work. : ) The MVCC had their christmas party in Denver last nite, we had a good time and lots of good items auctioned off. I got an antenna tie-down, eew-weee! pic is of me and bulldogmack13 at Ft. Carson about 3 months ago. I'm on the left.

Attachments