• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Greetings from Camp Speicher Iraq...

Hi, names Logan Stanforth (some of you may know me from other sites), I've been working here in Iraq as a KBR mechanic for almost 2 years doing mostly 3rd shop work when I'm not pulling stints as a fuels mechanic...I have been stationed at Tallil, Delta, Cedar II, and now here at Speicher...I have worked on about every military vehicle that is here in country except for tanks and Strykers...I am also MRAP certified on the Caiman/Caiman Plus and the Maxx Pro Plus Ambulance...Associates Degree in High Performance Motorsports Technologies from the University Of Northwestern Ohio...

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The west Texas Detachment of the SS welcomes you aboard, Logan:grin: Find a bunk, stow your gear, and prepare to get underway:driver: By the looks of your qualifications... You'd better report immediately to the maintenance section as we could ALL use some expert advise:!:

Thank you for your sort of service to our country - We salute you:!:

Last edited:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome and thanks for checking in. There were a couple members "over there" who were checking in here but they are all back stateside. Would love for you to let us all know how things are going over there and what you are facing maintenance wise. Pictures are highly appreciated!

Swapped a HET engine this week and when I fired the new engine I didnt know the old engine had puked all of the oil into the muffler...That made for good pictures and a horrible mess to clean up...

I take pictures of almost everything I work on...Once I get to a decent computer I will throw a bunch up...

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome and thanks for checking in. There were a couple members "over there" who were checking in here but they are all back stateside. Would love for you to let us all know how things are going over there and what you are facing maintenance wise. Pictures are highly appreciated!

Yes, insight from the "front" always makes good reading, and pics ARE appreciated.... Just keep in mind that OP SEC is paramount and we don't want to compromise security or put our troops at risk in any way.

On the otherhand, many of us have served and "miss being in the fight", so any chance to revive our sense of involvement REALLY inflates our egos :nothingfunny: LOL

Oh dont worry about that, I got alot of pictures that I cant post because of security reasons, like most of my MRAP stuff...But its like I always say, if you dont know about it, just hit google...Its amazing what info is out there in open view even when the military is screaming OP SEC and requires a security clearance for...

Stonepicker1

Welcome LOGAN.

I was at FOB Speicher from 2003 to 2004(DS Maintenance Company) now I'm at CKV over by Jordan/Iraq border. I load and unload all the KBR/Mil convoys here. I should be back home in July.

Again thanks and welcome to SS.
SFC Jackson