• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Greetings From Central Florida

Slowhand

Hello all!

I came across a site for the UNICAT and thought that was the thing I was looking for...until I found that they start around $400,000. As you might imagine, the enthusiam drained out rather quickly.

My thinking is that I might pick up a deuce and a half, or preferrably, a MK48 unit and do a conversion myself. So I'm here looking for some input.

Ruppster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from MacDill. :) What city are you in? If you're not too far from Dade City there's a SS rally/trail ride coming up the first weekend of November. Don't even need to have an MV to come out either. :beer:

Scooteerr

Welcome.... 400,000 seems steep... You could get a deuce, five ton, and a mk 48, fix them, maintain them and convert them for that much money... :shock::shock::shock:LOL...

FL_Frank

Hi from Apopka! I think Ian (SS - lavarok) in Melbourne is selling his M109A3 if you are looking for a camper.

-Frank

Slowhand

Thanks for the welcome all!

Ruppster, I'm between Leesburg and Ocala, so Dade City is maybe 45 minutes from here. (Less if you drive the way I do!)

Slowhand

Thanks for the welcome all!

I've been doing some homework, and I still think the deuce and a half is my second choice for the project, my first choice being the 5 ton configured as the M820. Now that being said, can anyone give me some guidance about where to look? I'd prefer here in Florida, but I'm coming up empty with an internet search. If I'm not mistaken, isn't there some kind of auction gathering in Jacksonville in the very near future?

Thanks in advance!

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You just have to look around. Be prepared to go to one of the neighboring states. My trucks came from SC and GA. AL has a lot go through also.

Good luck.

Slowhand

You just have to look around. Be prepared to go to one of the neighboring states. My trucks came from SC and GA. AL has a lot go through also.

Good luck.

Thanks for the reply.

I don't really have a problem with gradually expanding the search radius, but my problem seems to be where to find who's selling them. There's one poster here who is in PA and he has pretty much what I'm looking for, but I'd like to be a bit closer to home.

I've done the Google search thing, and have come up empty. Where would I go to start a search?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks