• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Greetings from Louisiana

zguinness

I went to look at some M923A2's today at a government auction. I was talking with the guy at the lot and he told me to check out this site. Well I ended up winning my auction (I'm pumped!) and now I'm here for more info. It looks like I'll have a lot of reading to do.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
He gave you some good advice. Everthing you need to know about the care and feeding of the 900's is here buried on this site. Welcome by the way.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the Green Iron madness!

If this is your first GL auction, be advised that you only have 10 days from the time you get the Paid-in-Full invoice to pick up your truck. At Camp Shelby, you cannot drive the truck off base, like you can other locations. You have to tow or haul it. One member here, Csm Davis, can help you get it off base.

zguinness

At Camp Shelby, you cannot drive the truck off base, like you can other locations. You have to tow or haul it. One member here, Csm Davis, can help you get it off base.
Really? The guy working the yard, Tony, said that most people drive them off when my father-in-law mentioned hauling them out.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the Madness!

Most of the latest GL offerings do not reference the tow off like they did in the past. It looks like their current offerings are at DRMO lot not the M939 cluster$#+ lot where they were literally jammed all together when they sold almost 500 back to back. Call them and ask is definitely a good idea.

CSMDavis, Jeff is definitely the right guy to reach out for help at Shelby.

We need pictures............

zguinness

Yeah, I'll give them a call and see if we can drive them out. I figure it's about $120 in fuel or I got quoted at $700 to haul. I'd much rather drive.

The only pics I have right now are from the GL listing:

truck1.jpgtruck2.jpg

BTW - I've started a thread looking for the missing piece on the tailgate (notice the hole?). I haven't even picked the thing up yet and that hole is already driving me nuts.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is definitely interesting. That hole has been cut into the tailgate and looks like some bolted flange was attached. Never seen that and do not have a clue what it is for and I have looked at a few pics. :)

The military guys would have to chime in.

I might possibly have a very slightly tweaked tailgate available in the future as I am working on getting one down here if I can figure out the shipping. Left side has to be pushed in to close it as it is maybe 1/4- 3/8 out of alignment. Let's see what happens....

goldneagle

Nice truck! Hole is for the tie down point. Welcome from Slidell. Ask Jeff, CSM DAVIS, he might be able to get you that part.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Really? The guy working the yard, Tony, said that most people drive them off when my father-in-law mentioned hauling them out.
Maybe they've changed back to where they were a couple of years ago, which would be real good news. It has been 6-months or so since I've bought a truck from there, and I can't find that requirement in the lot description like it used to be. I would definately call first to verify 'tho before I planned to drive off base. Let us know what you find out.

caliber1

Welcome from not so sunny Florida, soon to be Wisconsin. Jeff aka CSMDavis is good people and will help you out as well as give good advice. Nice truck by the way. Good luck!

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
welcome from ponchatoula. always glad to have new blood in the area.. that man tony is a first rate guy. you can believe whatever he says. nice looking truck