• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Greetings from the Netherlands

dmetalmiki

Welcome new member

Welcome aboard. Let us have sight (pictures) and some detail of your military or intended military ownerships. You will find the S.S. site ivaluable. (and) Wil we see you at BELTRING? come over with contingent that make the journey every year.

Vetpot

Thanks for your spontaneous greeting.
And I want to tell you that my English to translate on Google, sorry
I work as a volunteer, by the largest private collector of the Netherlands.
What we do, you can see on my CP, I have no bolt or nut by myself.
In future I will upload more photos on the site of of the trucks hy have.
An diverman an women, Bonaire is for my so far from home.
Regards Vetpot

DAS

Welcome dutchman, my grandparents came from there after the big war....I am sure I have some more relation there yet....This is a good site for information ect. The guys here love pictures,more pictures and even more pictures.......Anyway you're welcome.....DAS

Stan Leschert

NEED MORE PHOTOs!

The pic on your profile of the CCKW Shop van was great.

By the way, my Sister In Law is from your part of the world.

The Dutch People are really neat.
The only problem with them, is trying not to say that you are Canadian.

Even though it's been many years since the liberation,
they still hold us responsible, and it's hard to buy your own drink ...
and you are going to hear many stories that will make your eyes leak.

For the other viewers of this post, the Dutch People, and in particular school kids,
have adopted Canadian WWII Cemetaries.
They keep them in a manner which would make anyone proud.

Every year, the Dutch Schoolkids place candles on the grave of our guys!

THANK YOU!

http://www.rcl-europe.org/holten.html

Will Becampt.
( Sorry, I'll have to get my Sister-in -Law to correct my spelling)

Last edited:

Vetpot

Dear Stan and all other friends from,, Steel Soldiers ".
During my military service time, 50 years ago, I also run a shop truck GMC CCKW
And we, we are very grateful to our liberators, they gave their lives for our freedom.
It is our duty to be respectful of that memory, that's the only thing we can do back.
And there are many museums in the Netherlands, the reminder that liberation time.
I drove this CCKW during the memories ride, in the south west of the Netherlands in 2004,
60 years liberation, by the Timberwolf devision, it was very emotional
So many reaction of the people with so many emotions.
Regards Vetpot
I drove the CCKW during the memories ride, in south west of the Netherlands in 2004, 60 years liberation,by the Timberwolf devision, it was very emotional.
</SPAN>I drove the CCKW during the memories ride, in south west of the Netherlands in 2004, 60 years liberation,by the Timberwolf devision, it was very emotional.
</SPAN>I drove the CCKW during the memories ride, in south west of the Netherlands in 2004, 60 years liberation,by the Timberwolf devision, it was very emotional.
</SPAN>

Attachments

68t

Welcome to steelsoldiers. Do you know Jeroen Slenijpen in the Netherlands. He has got some great ww2 military vehicle.

Privateer

Do you know Jeroen Slenijpen in the Netherlands. He has got some great ww2 military vehicle.
Jeroen Sleijpen, he is mostly into Mack restorations I believe.
I know "Vetpot" personally, and he is a top notch mechanic....;-)

Last edited:

68t

This picture was taken in budel, Netherland in 1983, our tank and crew. My uncle went in germany on a tank in ww2.

Attachments

Privateer

@68t, What in havens name were you doing in the small country of Holland with a M1 Abrams tank ?
Budel is in the Dutch province of North-Braband (close to where Vetpot lives).

68t

Well for me it was a blast. back in them days there were large military exercise, I was doing a reforger to germany. these were nato war games, several countrys would send there military to training. We went to monchrzgladbach , pull our tanks and equipment. then went into hollland for a few days then back in germany. Ever town we went throught was like a large parade, hundreds of people would be there waving and thanking us. The people of holland were great to us. Also the germans. These tanks were brand new m60a3, My unit got 150 new m1 in 1985. I still got some of my gildor coins from holland:) Well do you know jan and dan from bc , they had a halftrack and wrecker.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks