• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Grenade Shifter

littlebob

You beat me to it. I bought a grenade shift knob from Autozone and put on mine and can't find the pictue I took to post it. It was chrome and I need to paint it.
littlebo

acetomatoco

That hokey stuff will not endear you to the LEOs. A grenade in the hand is a shoot to kill ticket here in the liberal Ted Kennedy land.

Barrman

If you grind it flat a little on the side, your brazing will be better. I made one of those for a guy's M715 last summer. He wanted it so the spoon was facing the dash and the fuse end was next to the steering wheel. He got it.

Bozor1000

Re: RE: Grenade Shifter

86M10086.2L said:
Nice looks good, I'm working on brazing some threaded material ora nut tothe bottom of one to retain the fuse assembly for the tranfer case lever in my M1008. But still very cool.
I want to do the same on my M1008

tymbom

RE: Re: RE: Grenade Shifter

It's a felony to have even a grenade that doesn't have any guts in it here in California....

SasquatchSanta

RE: Gernade Shifter

We silver soldered a nut the size of the gear shift rod on the top of the pineapple where the fuse originally screwed in. There was a hole drilled in the bottem that was capped with arc weld and ground smooth.

I was afraid to keep the old fuse and spoon assembly intact for fear of Canadian customs officials. The inverted pineapple has a good feel to it and it seems to make it easier to shift. I'm going to also rig one on the transfer case shifter.

AJMBLAZER

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Grenade Shifter

Reason number 3,456,284 I'll never move back to California!

Huh...and the whole time I was living in San Diego I had my grandfather's genuine WWII-pineapple-grenade-deactivated-war-souvenir sitting on my desk.

tymbom

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Grenade Shifter

I've got one rattling around in my tool box.... I had it on a transfer case shifter once.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks