• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Grocery Shopping

Loose Deuce

I went to town today to get some Groceries in the Deuce, My excuse was to charge up the battries,hee hee. :hop: I think she drives better everytime I drive it, probably just my imagination. (excuse my spelling). :freaked:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The land of grocery getters. I've become known at the local grocery store. Seems that every time I go shopping, someone asks me if I drove an army truck and if so, which one. I keep telling them i'm down to one running truck but they don't believe me! It goes to school quite often too.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's not just your imagination. :)
Drive it a lot and not just short runs. It needs to get good and warm and the engine will sing for you! No smoke, instant start, smooth as can be.
Just starting the truck and let it idle for a while is not a good life style for your deuce.
Driving the deuce is the best preventive maintenance program.
Yeah, get groceries, but go to the next town, not just down the road. The deuce loves to show you what it can do and you learn to know it better too.

I can't say enough about the Chargetek 500 battery maintainer either. It charges the batteries separately and I keep it plugged in whenever the truck is parked. Always fast cranks, even with 5 year old batteries.