• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Grote Trilliant light install on M923A1 bumper

lindsey97

Finally found some lights that I really like. They fit well and are compact enough to clear the hood when tilted open.

TOOLS NEEDED: 1/2" drill bit, drill, center punch, hammer, 3/4" wrench, electrical splices, 14 gauge wire, and switch of your choice. I highly recommend installing a fuse inline with your power source, even though these lights only draw 2.1 amps each @ 24 volts. Heat output from one of these is much less than the stock headlight on our trucks.

PERFORMANCE: I am very impressed overall. Hunted for different types of lights and lightbars, and I believe these are the hot ticket for off road and work vehicles. The construction and build quality of these is awesome. THEY ARE MADE IN THE UNITED STATES. The casing is very heavy, made of aluminum, and has cooling fins on the back. The lens is replaceable with different patterns, and cost around $16 each. The lens and rubber seal is held on from the back of the light with 4 torx screws. The lights are mounted to the vehicle with (1) 1/2" stud. I would recommend replacing the 3/4" nut that is sent with the light with a 12 point nut, which causes the light to be less likely to be stolen.

OUTPUT: I would say that these lights are comparable to a KC daylighter 130 12 volt. Very bright, with the fog lens installed, I have a full field of view out to approx. 175 yards. With the spot lens installed, they should be able to project further, according to Grote's literature. The lights are mounted in a nice sturdy bracket, with a thumbscrew that holds the up/down adjustment of the light. Wiring is wrapped for abrasion resistance, and they come with a Deutsch pigtail connector.

I have purchased these lights from SS member 98G. They arrived in a timely fashion, well packed, and in mint condition. The ones I received have a build date of 4/2014. Buy yourself a few, you won't be disappointed. grote_install 003.jpggrote_install 001.jpggrote_install 002.jpggrote_install 004.jpgmilitary_for _sale 010.jpgmilitary_for _sale 009.jpg

The only issue that I have found with my mounting location of the lights, is that the passenger side light has to be rotated on it's mounting bolt when towbar feet are used. The driver's side is fine, but the orientation of the towbar feet pins cause clearance issues with the light. No big deal, just carry a 3/4" wrench with you in the truck.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks