• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ground connection near parking brake.

beltfedonly

My fuel gauge is not working and I was checking the 5 or 6 prong ground under the dash near the parking brake and there is nothing connected to it. Does anyone know how many if any factory connections are attached there.

cucvrus

Fuel gauge is more then likely the ground on the drivers side rear frame section. Upper frame flange. It has a 5/16" self tapping bolt and a star washer. Remove that bolt clean the frame and reinstall. Also check and see if the wire is still attached to the fuel tank sending unit. That wire was spot welded and crimped to the sending unit assembly and I have come across a few that had the wire corroded or pulled off the sending unit. Good Luck and Happy Thanksgiving.

beltfedonly

Thanks guys. The fuel gauge sets at 3/4 full and doesn't move when the ignition is shut off. I am afraid that the gauge is not getting any power or is not grounded.

cucvrus

Do the dash cluster lights work? If they do the cluster is grounded somewhere. I was pointing you in the direction of the sending unit. Check and make sure that has a constant ground. The wire that hooks to the ground at the E Brake has a female spade connection. Look up under there is it floating around up there or has someone just screwed it fast to the body some where else? Good Luck. Report back. Don't leave us hanging on the diagnosis.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks