• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ground locations in the M1009

milradioman

I have been searching for a while and have not found this yet:
I found a list of all the grounds, but not a complete description where the grounds are located on the vehicle. I would like to remove and clean all of the ground points to eliminate possible electrical problems, I have found a few of the obvious ones, has anyone put together a complete list of ground locations?
Brian

richingalveston

Please post the list you have and maybe we can start identifying the locations. should not take long to complete the list with all of the knowledge on this site.

milradioman

This is what I have, I found this on this site, I am working through the typos and abbreviations, once I have is all verified I plan to reference the schematics and list the locations where they can be found:

M1009 Ground Locations:

E-1 - Battery 1, Ground Strap, Water in fuel, starter relay

E-3 – 2-ga black from Negative Term Black, combination switch

E-4 - Park Brake Switch, Fuel Tank Sender, Seat Belt Retractor, Bus Bar

E-9 - Bat1, Gen1 Ground, Gen2 Suppressor (most removed), Gen2 Relay

E-13 - Right HL Body & Frame, LF HL Body, Volt & Heat Lt, #9 lead on cluster

E-14 – LF & Right tail light

E-18 - BO Head Light, BO tail light

E-20 - Horn, blower, horn button, wiper control, suppressors.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is the list I created from the wiring diagrams. The "E-xx" are the diagrams from the TM 9-2320-289-34 appendix. I stepped thru each diagram to find any notation of a ground.

Sometime you have to think outside the box. If a location is listed, like "water in fuel" you would find that item and trace the normally black wire to the ground location. On this item it happens to be on the right rear intake manifold bolt (along with the flexible cab grounding strap).

milradioman

Great, can I ask you some questions about the list to clarify some terms?
Do you mind if I use your list to make one with more description as to where to find the grounds etc.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ask away.

My list was just a starting point for others members. Always good when someone takes the initiative to learn themselfs.

I have looked at the diagrams so many times and been over the trucks that just by looking at the list I can tell you where each of the grounds are located.

The ground locations apply to all the CUCV trucks. The M1010 has some additional grounds.

Last edited:

milradioman

Thanks Warthog, this will be helpful.
E-1; where does the starter relay ground bond to? Under dash?
E-4; where does the park brake switch, and seat belt switch bond to?
E-9; where does the Gen2 relay bond to?
E-3; what is the function of the “combination switch”

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks