• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Group size batteries for Deuce

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good Morning folks and if this is a stupid question you have my apologies and yes I have also searched the forums prior to posting this. OK with that out of the way here is my question. I am picking up a new Deuce on Saturday and need to bring batteries with me to get the truck started, I understand the truck was designed to use 6TL sized batteries but when I went inot a Truck shop to buy them they had never heard of that sized battery before and wanted to know the GROUP SIZE of the battery because it appears that everything they do is based on that info, the term 6TL meant nothing to them! When I go back to purchase the batteries and I want to use 6TL batteries what do I tell them to get a straight across replacement using their group size terminology? Thanks for any help on this one.
KK

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey guys it looks like I will be buying group 31s If I buy these batteries all the stock battery cable in the deuce will be long enough and ll I have to do is bolt them in place and I am good, is that correct?
KK

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Using the group 31s will also give you some extra room in the box. I used to keep a couple of qts of gear oil in mine. Second thought, my batts might have been a little smaller than 31s, maybe 75s.

AGE|kshaufl

You can get 6TL's from the Interstate battery dealer if you want. They are pretty $$$ like $180-$220 if i remember correctly. The 31's might need a little wood to keep them from sliding around.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Group 31s have a smaller case than the 6TLs. But most everyone uses them as they are a better battery than the 6TLs

You can get two types of Group 31s.

Top post or Marine post.

The top post will be a dirrect replacemnet and the Marine post you will just remove the terminal lugs and screw the cables to the posts.

Akicita

I use two regular 12V top post car batteries.
I used several pieces of wood I had left over
from a home project to block them in the box
and keep them from moving around.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I just got back from getting the Group 31s and wanted to say thanks again for you help in this matter!
Take care
KK

JDToumanian

I bought 6TLs at AutoZone. Any place that sells batteries can order any battery you need. The guy who didn't know what a 6TL was is either new to the business or was trying to sell you a battery with a higher profit margin.

FormerNewMVGuy

Actually, with 1000 ca group 24s, you can use the old battery holddown and space the ends with a piece of 2x4 laid flat, this is my method, because i like having the battery holdown in place, it just looks a little more professional than having them floating around in there.
I will try to get a picture ,if it stops raining....

Attachments

Last edited: