• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

growler

Sierra51

Why yes I have....

At one time not so long ago, I was one of several applicants for a mid-level manager position with the company that builds them about 30 miles from the house....prior to and after the interview with "the man" (conveniently a retired Marine Corps full bird, who incidentally flew OV-22 Ospreys while on active duty) I had an opportunity to check out some of the ones they were building....although they look similar to a M151, they are completely different....I wish we had diesel engines in ours when I was in....things seemed to be moving right along in regard to the potential employment as different points of interest were noted on the vehicles....up until the point where I mentioned that they appeared awful tall for their width and did they have a problem with in-stability that would cause roll-overs....considering the amount of gear and ammunition they were to carry....along with the enthusiastic driving habits of young Recon Marines....the tour ended rather abruptly, yet civilly....as civilly as you can expect from a retired Marine colonel....I was just looking at it from a "get the troops the best gear you can give them" angle....and not something that was going to injure or kill them before they came under fire....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks