• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

grrrrrr dam truck!!!

Battle Monkey

so been working on one of the Generation Kill truck, got one up and going (named it G3) and now working on G2. so far I have replaced the LF upper a arm, all the ball joints, steering tie rod, dog bones, rebuilt all the geared hubs, diff service, front brakes, front rotors. looks like iam going to have to pull the trans, to many leaks, 80% of the wiring is good, but I think I have an issue with the engine harness. I cant get the truck to start. already tried most common problems. so I just need to clear my head and try something different tomorrow. I have some other things I can try...combat-jack-04-1024.jpg

Battle Monkey

well I went back to the shop and started to look around. the wiring has been hacked to **** and back. so I ended up running a hot wire to the glow plugs and bam it runs... now the tranny has got to have some serious attention!!!!

Battle Monkey

thanks, did a ton of work to G3 to get it up and going. just dealing with some charging issues, but I think I got it figured out, last challenge is the gauges and getting power to those. just imagine any important wire and then cut it....lol... I have a 8ft schematic on my wall in my shop that I refer to.

Battle Monkey

Lol. Well after some work I got the truck up and running. But the transmission is leaking like a sieve. So it looks like it is going to come out. Power steering pump is ****. That's gonna come out too. Moving on to the next truck with a turret!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks