• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GSA 5 ton win!

OkieM1008morrison

today found a great condition 1964 m54a2 5 ton up for bid in goldsby, ok, ended up bidding on it and won! almost surprised I won it! I am brand new to 5 tons.... truck looks to be in good condition. odometer reads 897 miles, doesent have batterys so forestry said it wouldn't start. the pictures I got are all the pics they showed, what motor should be in this truck? and any suggestions tips on things to do to it before I make the 130 mile trip home? I plan on doing filters, and new diesel fuel and greasing everything. I just made a trip from fort worth to Tulsa so I have a little experience with the multifuel motor, and im not afraid to dive in!new 5 ton.jpgnew 5 ton 2.jpgnew 5 ton 1.jpg

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats! I was looking at that yesterday and very impressed with the overall condition. It will have the 180 hp LDS465 turbocharged engine.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The guys at Goldsby are great to work with.

MVs are just like Lays Potato chips. You can have just one!!!

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is a LDS multifuel not a Cummins. Filters should be the same as the Deuce.

OkieM1008morrison

https://vimeo.com/107343496

Got the truck back from goldsby! Made it all the way to my driveway with no problem, went to put the truck in reverse and heard s short burst of air...then air just started leaking out of the top of the transmission!? Is there supposed to be a valve in the top of the transmission that let's the air blow by when shifting to reverse or first? I'm at a loss because now it won't build pressure cause of the leak.