• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GSA Auction - 1955 Reo 6x6 with crane

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
id like to have that, looks all orignal 100% military, half cab looks orignal, crane has us military markings

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
The data plates on the passenger door make me think this may be the real deal. However, it looks like the back of the frame may have been cut off - so that puts doubt in my mind. My eyesite is crap - can one of you guys make out the registration number on the hood? At least the first 2 digits? And, is the one on the crane the same. I'll take a look tomorrow at some records that may help with this.

DD

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
that's a pretty cool crane truck. If I could get that out here, I've got the space to fix her up.

deuceman51

Gene, if you go to look at the M51 let me know what you think about the crane. If it goes fairly cheap I might go after it since it it fairly close and I need something for lifting around here. Since I would have to pump $700 into just getting it here plus whatever it needs, I can't bid much. Plus i'm leaving in a few weeks so it will sit at my place before I can get to it.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
yes a as a crane,the dragline is just an attachment (mainly just a bucket and one of the cables is rigged differently)

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
If you can do this, I'll pay you a few bucks (via PayPal) to take photos on the highest resolution and largest size you possibly can (You'll have to email them to me, they'll be far too large to post).

Let me know.

Regards,
David

deuceman51

I worked with a company that used an old bantam that had running gear that looked exactly like my M211. What did they do for outriggers?? I don't see any or where any were taken off?

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man, everytime I look at it, I like it more...too bad it just doesn't make sense.

ida34

I saw a half track on ebay that had a similar crane setup on it. The only reason I did not get it was I did not know how I would get teh thing home with such a big crane.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Its a very cool truck but I have to make this observation. Without outriggers, you could get yourself into trouble real easy. Even my little M108 needs outriggers from time to time. Also wondering what that weighs? The dragline would be nice if you wanted to dredge the local creek.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks