• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GSA Auction - 1955 Reo 6x6 with crane

Katch1

deuceman shield-bantam bought train loads of surplus deuces and half-tracks for crane, and or drag line conversions, don't know when they quit. As far as outriggers, don't remember was too young when they were in use to notice I guess.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
dr. duece has a factory cckw with crane restored

the boom tip should fold up under the boom foot for roading the rig, that takes care of the length and heigth problem

i have a Bantam drag line. it's mounted on an I beam frame with deuce (M211) running gear and front winch. it had rear pull out style out riggers but they were gone when i got it. it still works without them. i have only moved about 500 yds of sand but i have yet to tip it over. don't know the year. has a Leroi upper engine. using it as a lifting crane takes a little practice and brakes that operate well and are adjusted properly.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am pretty sure Gene was going today to check it out if he can get through the snow.

lacoda56

It seems a lot of these old rigs didn't have outriggers. I have a '43 IHC M5-H6 with a Quickway and a '56 Bantam T35 and niether unit has them. The Bantam, even though it was built in '56, still uses a CCKW drivetrain. I've seen the M211 based Bantams, and have never figured out just where they fit in. They're all pretty cool conversions.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is the status on this truck? I didn't get to see the closing bid so I have no idea who got it. I know Joseph (Westfolk) and Gene (Maccus) both had bids on it. What about it Gene? Is it yours?

westfolk

Gene and I spoke about it. He's alot closer than I. So I let go of it. Don't know if he got it. He's about 175 miles from it and I am about 1425 miles. If there were any troubles he could solve it easy than I could due to distance.

TacticalTruck

when i saw maccus drop out i bumped the guy a few times but the logistics of the whole deal scared me off.
it was a tough one to miss. googled daddydon...no hits.
jeff