• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GSA deuce here at last

ranchhopper

The first week of January I won this old truck off the GSA in iowa Karl the manager was great to work with he was in no hurry for me to get it out of his yard so the weather was finally nice yesterday we took my friends gooseneck out and brought it home. Its pretty ugly but its going to be bobbed and get all the sheetmetal replaced I have a set of 395s and a 1102 bed set aside for it an nice new fiberglass hardtop all the gauges, data plates everything to make her better then the day in 1968 when it rolled out of the plant. The truck has sat in the yard for two years and after installing a couple of dekas five revolutions and it was running I drove it onto the trailer and we bound it down and we were off it even had brakes that worked I adjusted the E-brake and it works too. I was really surprised when I saw the truck had 10 9.00X20 G-124 goodyear radials on it like new my employer may buy them for our forklifts as one can see the truck was a winch truck the PTO pump is still on the trans as well as the whole linkage, handle for engaging and rear driveshaft yoke the winch bumper extensions. I am considering scrapping the bed which is a shame its rust free the tailgate is no good but the rest of the bed isn't dented up either I am going to rebuild the whole brake system. Finally the manager said there was a junk super single tire in the bed he told me to roll it off the truck right there as it was junk when I got up there to roll it off I saw it was mounted to an A3 wheel I said I would keep it he was real happy not to have to get rid of it himself. I was glad to have enough goodies on it to more than pay the transport bill Im going to make my first attempt at doing the whole truck in a digital paint scheme I have been spending hours on getting the stencils drawn up and next I have to cut them into mylar sheets for templates .

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Reaper651

Yeah, never scrap good Deuce parts. Congrats on the truck. And with new tires!!:mrgreen: That's a bunch of $$ just in them tires. If you don't mind, post some pics when ya get it bobbed. :driver:

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good score. Re-fitting a winch won't be too demanding - all the expensive parts are still there! Keep us posted with photo updates!

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kevin, Congrats on the truck and another project! Will be eagerly awaiting updates! From prior experience, I know she'll turn out GREAT! Keep the pics coming. Always love following along, via the cyber connection.

God bless,
Tony

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks