• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gsa m1009

salt6

Thought I'd start a new thread on my recovery. Got the M1009 home tonight and decided to name it MIKE PAPA. Recovevery was easy. The guys at the Arkansas Forestry Commission yard had it loaded on my trailer for me. I was on my way in about 45 mins from arrival to out the gate. Also had my SF97 about a week after the end of the auction. The girl at the tag office didn't know what to do. so have to go back on Wensday. I did get her to check the vin so I hopefuly don't have to drag it out there again.

The good, no rust.

The bad, is it was a hanger queen.

The good, no major assemblies missing exceppt tailgate and glass on the left side.

The bad, recovery cost as much as the truck. (Money Pit)

The good, Found out my wife can do recoveries.

Lesson learned, PREVIEW.

Attachments

Shop Rat Fab

The only problem I had getting mine registered and titled in Michigan was the VIN and the "J" designation for the engine, apperently the book the girl was looking in, while completeing the VIN for the title form, did not list a J so I said it was a diesel when she asked me what engine it had. Might not hurt to take a picture of the VIN.

jimm1009

All CUCV series trucks had the J-code 6.2 diesel as per contract.
There are a few military owned chevy blazers that are not actually CUCV (or D series) trucks but they must have been rare local purchase vehicles.
J-codes are 4 bolt mains and a few other suttle differences.
C-code 6.2 engines are the lighter version but not OEM in a CUCV for US Military.

jimm1009

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The girl at the tag office didn't know what to do. so have to go back on Wensday. I did get her to check the vin so I hopefuly don't have to drag it out there again..
The OK tag offices should have a "BOOK" that has all the instructions in it. Have her look up Standard Form 97, Government Vehicles, I have titled many trucks in OK and I have never had any issues except trying to register them as a "Former Military Vehicle" that doesn't required a tag, bumper numbers only. After spending a couple of hours at the State Tax Commission, they finally found the proper form and it took just a few minutes. I have that form if anyone needs a copy. The down side is that it costs more than a regular tag by a few dollars :roll:.

Thanks to GL I have a couple hundred of the left rear windows if you need one...;)

salt6

The girl had to call her Mom who owns the tag agency. She read the "book" but didn't understand it. aua I've done a couple of m151 there and Mom has the know how. Anyways my wife will go out there wednesday.

I can use a left rear window. :)

salt6

Finally got hte title in the mail. My wife took care of the title for me. [thumbzup] Just had to get the new girl out of the way. :beer: