• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GSA trucks in Arkansas

steelcaptain

Steel Soldiers Supporter
GSA trucks in Arkansas & Texas

anyone pick up an old Kaiser or AM General the other day? Most looked pretty well worn and I think all were listed as incomplete and not running but still there was some very classic old Army iron down there and in Texas. All too far away for me tho.

Last edited:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's a sad end for the Lufkin (Hudson, TX) forestry trucks. A local scrap yard bids like 1200 for deuces and 1500 for 5 tons, and usually wins all of them, as they are not too attractive to the rest of us who can buy runner deuces from Ft Sam or RRAD for the same dollars.

steelcaptain

Steel Soldiers Supporter
trouble is that unless you are into the more modern trucks, the Army has very few of the classics left however I agree that most appeared to be pretty much scrap imo.

Just durned glad I was able to get a very nice Kaiser rig when I did. The M939's are just not the same in my book and now the market is becoming downright saturated with them. I wonder how many the Army still has to surplus?

Last edited:

Rifleman

Since the military had over 32,000 M939 series trucks in service to start with i would say they still have thousands left to auction off.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks