• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Guage is showing Yellow

prattcobra

My 813 batterys are good.

Guage is showing yellow now.

Cant seem to get the generator to move on the voltage. What is the best way to test and adjust?

Where is the regulator located?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
meter, meeter, meater, meet her, meat her....

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Measure each battery individually to see if one may be bad.

Then,

Measure voltage with truck off, then running. it should be higher when running.

If there is no increase while running, you probably have an alternator issue.

If it increases but not high enough(28 volts), remove the 1/4' Allen plug on the alternator, and use a small flat blade screwdriver to adjust the max output voltage(to 28.

This procedure should be in the -20 or -34 Tm also.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's the correct TM number.

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
So according to that, we should be able to find 100amp alts for our trucks that are simple bolt in units? COOL!

armytruck63

Try monitoring with a digital multimeter when adjusting. First of all, you can see it while you are making adjustments, and it is more accurate than the gage in the dash.

If making adjustments really doesn't change anything, then it is time to either get your alternator rebuilt, or time for a new one.

prattcobra

ok. I put another generator on the truck and now I am showing in the green :) when I first put it on it did not show voltage gaining right away. Then after a few minutes it showed a gain. Does the control box have anything to do with this?

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have had a couple trucks that have done that. I have never had them not work. Just takes a few seconds to see the gauge change. I just lived with it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks