• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Guess I won me a Deuce today

greenjeepster

Hard tops are a must have for me. Winches are over priced and under used in my opinion. I will not pay any extra for a winch vs no winch. I am very familiar with the capabilities of a 6x6 and will not put it where it will need to be winched back out and if I cant tow someone else out without a winch than they are staying where they are. Winches are a nice have, but not a must have. Besides if you want to add one later they are pretty easy to find and put on.

I was willing to pay a little more for the drop side bed though. Arctic heaters is another thing I will pay a little extra for.

I know exactly what truck you are talking about it was either 6955 or 56 somewhere in there. Winch cable still had paint on it and looked like it had never been un-wound from the spool...very good looking truck, too rich for my blood:)

TulsaME

Nice truck Number9. Hopefuly your recovery will go better than how it sounds the preview went this week. I thought about bidding on a couple of those trucks but I found an M35A2C in Arkansas that is much closer to home. Here is to hoping they are runners!

Attachments

greenjeepster

Just got my invoice. What's this $245 "premium"?

GL is a private contractor, just like any other auction service they get payed by assessing a 10% buyers premium. You also need to submit the request for sf-97 (title) and that will cost you 77.00 as well.

Last edited:

JCKnife

I just opened my invoice as well...I knew about the 10% fee but here's the odd thing: I was charged sales tax on an ammo trailer (in Ohio) but not on the Deuce (in KY). I live in KY. Any guess as to why? I guess I'm not complaining...I expected it on both. :-D

greenjeepster

I just opened my invoice as well...I knew about the 10% fee but here's the odd thing: I was charged sales tax on an ammo trailer (in Ohio) but not on the Deuce (in KY). I live in KY. Any guess as to why? I guess I'm not complaining...I expected it on both. :-D
No guess, I know why. here in KY we pay the taxes when we register the vehicle, not at the sale. Trailers do not get registered here so you pay tax at the sale. Now with the trailer being out of state you are paying ohio's rate instead of KY.

JCKnife

No guess, I know why. here in KY we pay the taxes when we register the vehicle, not at the sale. Trailers do not get registered here so you pay tax at the sale. Now with the trailer being out of state you are paying ohio's rate instead of KY.
Ah, makes sense, thanks GJ.

I assume we pay KY tax on the sale price, not the GL stated value of the vehicle? (cause Lordy, that's a BIG difference)

I'd be real curious who you have yours insured through, if you're willing to share.

Orionspath

^ that's what I was afraid of. So, what's batteries gonna set me back and where is the best place to get them? Takes 2, correct.

Wally - mart or one of those Price Club stores have the 900 plus CCA (cold crankiing amps) Batteries for $75 - 120.00. You should be prepared to take a "Jumper" cable with battery clamps with you though.

This "jumper" would be the smaller cable (approx 6-9")that connects the two separate batteries in "Series" together. If making one up yourself, you will need one cable end with a larger diameter opening (to fit the Positive terminal) and one smaller cable end to connect to the Negative terminal. (Check batteries' posts, + to -, I believe this is correct).

Those sure were some nice trucks and the prices they went for was unbelievable! I was en route from Richmond Va. and hadn't remembered the sale ending yesterday.....Rats! oh well, guess I just skipped the questions from the wife on that one.....

Congrats! You and your children will love it! Look forward to recovery pictures.....

JCKnife

BTW I went to both previews at Frankfort and took a few notes on just about every truck that sold. If you bought sight-unseen I'd be happy to share the notes I took. Just tell me the lot#. I left my sheet at home today but I'll answer this evening.

bc35339

BTW I went to both previews at Frankfort and took a few notes on just about every truck that sold. If you bought sight-unseen I'd be happy to share the notes I took. Just tell me the lot#. I left my sheet at home today but I'll answer this evening.

Lot # 6944
I bought this sight unseen any info would be great!!!!!

Bryan

greenjeepster

Did you get any? Shame to put the time in for both previews and then not get at least one.

JCKnife

Did you get any? Shame to put the time in for both previews and then not get at least one.
Yeah I got one of the cheaper wo/w trucks. Not one I was really focusing on but "started right up" according to my notes. I'm looking forward to giving her a closer going-over.

Bryan I'll message you when I get home and see my sheet. Almost grabbed it going out the door today, sorry I didn't.

bc35339

Yeah I got one of the cheaper wo/w trucks. Not one I was really focusing on but "started right up" according to my notes. I'm looking forward to giving her a closer going-over.

Bryan I'll message you when I get home and see my sheet. Almost grabbed it going out the door today, sorry I didn't.
Cant wait to hear back from you with your notes. Ive been wanting a winch truck for awhile now so i feel like a kid on Christmas morning!

thanks in advance
Bryan

greenjeepster

I am going to try and get an appointment to go out and look the trucks over and prep for removal. I called today, but only got voice mail so I left a message. Maybe if we all call they will let us on as a group before our EUCs clear. the number is 501-624-3170:-D

bc35339

I am going to try and get an appointment to go out and look the trucks over and prep for removal. I called today, but only got voice mail so I left a message. Maybe if we all call they will let us on as a group before our EUCs clear. the number is 501-624-3170:-D

I tried calling the # you posted and it says it has been disconnected.