• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

gun ring cab top

txdodge43man

Is there or was there ever a soft top made for the deuce that had a hole in the top to be used on trucks that had a gun ring? I have seen a soft top for a M548 that had hole in it and it was not a Field mod. I was wandering if anyone had ever heard or seen one before.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I owned a soft top for a M548 years back, I got it surplus and sold it at the Red Ball show back when it was still at Tobyhanna Army Depot. Anywho, it was vinyl, and it had a snap out and Velcro circle where the ring was. I wish I had pictures of it, but I got rid of it 8-9 years ago.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
My first deuce had hard top with a "Redneck Turret Hatch".
Someone had cut the last 6 inches off of a 55 gallon drum (equipped with a locking ring handle) and mounted it to the hard top.
To access the ring you removed the drum lid and dropped the passenger seat down to man the gun.
My assumsumtion was that the truck was used for Convoy Opps Training at Fort Jackson, SC. where I got the truck.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks