• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gun Ring Mounted

David_4x4

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Gun Ring Mounted

jwaller said:
it is TM 9-2320-260-20 I have it on laptop and if I can upload it I will. I cant find the same info in the -10.
Yeah If you could upload, it would be great. The TM link on this site just refreshes you back to the main page :(

jwaller

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Gun Ring Mounted

I will try this afternoon. it's 34MB and the pic isnt that great. but I will try. the 041 pic shows the pin location much better

TiredIron

I need a set of Legs and adapter.....

I have an M66 Ring and need a complete set of Legs and Adapter Plate for the Deuce,
can anyone here steer me toward a set. I'm near Denver.......
Thanks

sermis

OK the PIC helps a lot, thanks.

I looked today, I have 2 rings that are mostly complete. One will not turn and the 3rd one missing the top cover if someone is in need of one.

ida34

David_4x4 said:
Here's are some pics for the way she's mounted at each leg thus far. As I noted, I think with the rear drivers leg and passenger front leg we can get all the 4 necessary bolts done with some tinkering.
The passenger's side rear is not aligned right. remove the bolt you have nearest the actual tube part. It is holding you from getting it lined up right.

sermis

Also I am not sure on my legs. Is there a way to tell which legs match each other? All 3 of mine are different.

jwaller

all 3 are different. the front has a bend in it. the right has the plate on the outside as does the left. the 2 rear legs will be straight. the RR leg has the alignment hole location that the L one does not.

David_4x4

Yeah all three of my legs are different. Just I have more than the 4 holes holes in the leg than the picture above shows.

Im wondering that since rings and contracts obviously change over the years, that maybe the extra hole were added to work on rings that maybe have different hole setups etc? Of course it's been raining the last 2 days and I havent even been able to try and see about maybe find the alignment hole etc.

ida34

Remember these were designed at the end of WWII and have been used on several different vehicle families. Mine does not have lineup holes.

Chuck

dabtl

David's ring has five holes, one offset, at three different locations. The screen shot makes it look much easier with only four holes in both the legs and rings.

If it ever quits raining we can look into again. Only an inch or so yesterday, so it was relatively dry.