• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gun Ring Safety on a Deuce

CatMan

When I purchased my M35A2 (back before GL days) at Ft McCoy auction, it did not have a ring mount. But it did have spent 50 Cal brass and some loose links under the seats.

The hood has an extra Latch on the right front that looks like it was a field modification. Salvaged from a Can Point Vehicle. When I had a ring mount on it it required a small fabricated angle bracket on the front leg that matched the extra hood latch. Worked great. I left the extra latch on the hood just to see if any sharp eyed vets notice.

A couple of GI's have stopped and looked at it and said 'Oh, it had a ring mount at some time". Very matter of fact.

Just another form of yankee GI inginuity.

Cat Man

Attachments

rrrr

Here is a pic of the hood, rod & latch, and gun ring. Absolutely no clearance problem, and 100% secure.
I guess I need to try and find one ! Anyone have a spare !

Looks as though there is enough room for an ammo can on the front leg as well.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
My 52 m52 had that rod to hold the hood up, and it never had a gun ring .

I learned back in 66 that a gun ring could get you hurt because gun ring=target

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks