• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gun truck m925a1

gun truck

My friend and I have been very busy over the last 8 months or so. After a lot of work and tracking down parts and putting them all together, this is what we came up
with. We fell short with getting a gunners tunnel for the hard top, so we pulled the top an ran it open style with a copper gunners sling. Hope you like it.

Attachments

Last edited:

gun truck

Thank you !

The 50.'s , I had one for years and the other one was the strangest deal we ever made in are lives. Keepemrolling is the co- owner and will laugh when he reads this. The chicken plate looks great!!
we installed are's and thought to remove it just after driving around for an hour, we might re install after we install cab reinforcements. We have M4's mounted on the doors as well.

Last edited:

Triple C

Awesome truck, what was the genesis of the project? Were there, are there gun trucks like these in service? The only pics I have seen of 5ton gun trucks had more protection for the gunners and they were all sand colored so I am just curious.

gun truck

Thanks again,
Hi Triple C, yes they did run trucks early on in 2003-4 with out up -armor. Alarmed by raising casualty figures the US armed forces initiated the " Vehicle hardening program" in October 2003. Swedish steel for
US armor was being purchased to equip there vehicles with level III add-on armor operating in Iraq. The steel used was Trade marked Hardox 400 - 450. When we found out how expensive the steel is, we decided to run the un-amored version for now. The paint schemes very, Tan and three color CARC and two color patterns are widely seen in photos in Iraq / Afghanistan. There were no regulations on the
gun trucks and left to unit level makeshift improvements .

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Awesome work on the truck! It's an A1, so you did the singles yourselves?

I am wondering why no one has mentioned the person celebrating in the forward gunners position in post #1, image #4???

Rick

gun truck

Thank you Rick and Rebar.
The truck came from Barstow with 49" tires and later changed to the 53". The girl in the copper seat is my daughter just after cruising around the neighbor hood in the gunners seat.

HASSON1911

Wow thats a nice truck. I have always wanted a gun ring, but they always seem to cost the same price as a new truck. so i end up just getting a new truck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks