• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gun Truck progress (constructive critisism and suggestions appreciated)

quonsethut

More Pics

Attachments

quonsethut

Ive posted some more pics. The project was not that difficult so much as pulling together all the resources to get it done. Had to nail down a welder for 3 days, couple guys to hold the steel while he tacked everything in place. literally ran down a back hoe driving past on way to a construction site. gave him $50.00 for 20 minutes of his time to lift the ring in place.
Had 3 guys passing bolts as we found the correct hole position (ring to support arms). On and on. We did 95% of all the work in 4 days with a crew of 4. It was blast seeing it come together all so fast.

Yohan

Much obliged, vtdeucedriver, for the translate! Very nice job quonsethut. Can't wait to get mine done...

Last edited:

quonsethut

According to a Vietnamese customer who frequents my shop the translation reads: Do Not stand Behind Truck When Backing. He said the meaning can change according to different punctuation and inflection used in the phrase.

vtdeucedriver

According to a Vietnamese customer who frequents my shop the translation reads: Do Not stand Behind Truck When Backing. He said the meaning can change according to different punctuation and inflection used in the phrase.

I had it translated also and somewhere I have it to what each word says.

This phrase was located on many locations on the truck. Doors, side of cargo boxes, gun boxes and tail gates. This phrase was not just gun truck specific.

the reason for this was that drivers and GT crews would get very suspicious of ANYONE PACING a truck at the same speed for the thought of a gernade being tossed into a load.

quonsethut

Here a couple pics of some stuff done to the truck today. Ammo cans are now at a premium so not using best cans to be walked on. My intention is to create a battle harden likeness in this vehicle so dirty cans would be appropriate anyway. More pics coming.

Attachments

Driver523

Great looking tribute truck, its bound to bring back memories to many gun truckers and help preserve that particular time in our history, THANK YOU for your time, energy, and expense in building a great looking truck----sure hope to see it one day-----Driver

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks