• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Guntruck gathering xii(12)

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
["The Gathering 12
Aug 5-9, 2014 Holiday Inn Columbus North 2800 Manchester Expressway Columbus, GA 31904 706-324-0231…

Reservations are listed as The Gathering.
There is a block of 80 rooms and more can be added as needed to the block.
The rate is $69.00 plus tax and is good 3 days prior and 3 days after the dates listed.
Cutoff date for booking is July 9, 2014.

We will be provided a hospitality room.
At this time, it is reasonable to assume we will be on site for our dinner prior to the raffle. The food prices look good but all of this will be decided down the road.
The block of rooms is open as of now".

Just an initial announcement from the planners so folks interested can start planning.

I copied this from the Guntruck Site and Zout and I were talking about delaying the annual "Zout Spring Fling/Cookout" til Aug and having it at the CAMO Compound in conjunction with the Guntruck Gathering.

This is just a thought and we're thinking it's a good opportunity to bring a fairly large number of SS folks together with the Guntruck folks and have a surenuff shindig!!

Yes, it's hot as hates in August in Georgia but folks will be coming from all over the country to attend so don't let a little heat get in the way of you meeting some true American Heros and learning how things were done "back in the day".

I don't think you can beat the rates listed above for accomadations...anywhere if you need them to attend.

Zout and I need to make some more coordination with the Gathering planners but I think this is going to be an event you won't want to miss.

More to follow./B]

Attachments

zout

Oblige me the space to say:
YES there is a pig in the future
Yes there may be other meat items for those that cannot eat pork on the BIG GRILE getting toted down on the newly acquired M909A2 ATC.

What partaked HERE for the cookout will be expanded to honor these Guntruckers as CAMO hosts them in Columbus Ga - this gives the local Ga folks time to save up for heading down there and believe me - you will not want to miss
this event - whether male or female get yourself some suspender jeans - more fun than you can with your pants on and them suspenders will make sure you keep your pants on .

As the GODFATHER stated - stay tuned - this will be a CAMO event and I am only agreeing to assist in the BBQ - and you will not want to miss it. It would kill a lesser person.

Thanks to PB and CAMO as I appreciate and honor the offer.
Start getting ready and do not miss getting this on your Event not to miss list.

jatonka

Well, it was pretty danged hot in Carlisle,PA in 2010 and I made it through that Gathering, guess I'll make it to Columbus this year, might even drive the Guntruck down. JT out

1958 M274

I hope to make it to this event since it's so close. I just figured out that my 1968 M52A2 was overhauled in Okinawa in 1973, meaning most likely it was in country. I'd love to have that truck there, but it's got a long way to go...

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I hope to make it to this event since it's so close. I just figured out that my 1968 M52A2 was overhauled in Okinawa in 1973, meaning most likely it was in country. I'd love to have that truck there, but it's got a long way to go...
Bring the truck anyway...maybe one of the "Linehaulers" drove that rascal in country...Wouldn't that be a hoot??:driver:

vtdeucedriver

Joe. I'd like to chat with you on your tractor.

zout

When PB asked me how I would feel about changing dates there could only be one answer.

It would have absolutely nothing to do with Zouts Cookout except I would be the one cooking and Deb would be there as well. Anything more than this has EVERYTHING to do with the GunTruckers.

I immediately knew we have to take advantage of this opportunity to see these trucks and crew members while we can - look them in the eye - listen to their story if they wish to tell them - shake their hand - have the opportunity that their service is greatly appeciated and not taken in vain. Its for them and I hope you get the jest of why I was so honored to be asked as its the least I could ever do for these folks.

Again - get this on your calender - started setting aside them two fund jars Ga Rally in Oct and seeing these Guntruckers finally in Columbus Ga in August. We (Deb and I) are already geeked up about this opportunity and already planning our stay and what we need to pull this off (I have a learn how to BBQ a whole pig for dummies book I have picked up and started reading).

1958 M274

Bring the truck anyway...maybe one of the "Linehaulers" drove that rascal in country...Wouldn't that be a hoot??:driver:
I'd like to have it there, but I'm not sure that's a realistic goal considering other commitments in my life right now. The truck is ugly, but mostly original. One of my biggest obstacles is that it's in Western Arkansas at a friend's place, and far from being ready to drive home to Georgia.:driver:

My truck's hood number is 5G1516, and I found a picture here: http://grambo.us/atav/probst.htm of a 566th Transportation Company truck with a fairly close hood number... I'd like to find more pictures of their trucks. Maybe they received a block of these trucks in that range, including mine? Unfortunately my truck was partially sandblasted by a previous owner, so sanding to find original markings is not a possibility.

Attachments

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
**** get can't hot enough to keep me from coming. May just grab a room, or I could bring the Long Easy towing the hooch for grins an giggles.

zout

Seeing in the past as how EMD-Tigger and Ferro have been up almost all night with me on roasting the pigs - this will be an all nighter as well down there the night before CHOW time the next day - so keep this in mind as well but I am sure for security sake and liability PB will keep a sharp eye on who attend the grille. If 1958 brings that GunTruck along overnight gives me about as much time as I need to finish it for him to show the next day.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We could always grill in the bed of the 814- it's five feet off the ground, and moves...........

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks