• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Guntruck gathering xii(12)

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Correction. Now Zout is going to have to build your Guntruck. Should only take about 4 days. :popcorn:

Got my room reserved!!!!!! Now to start the countdown.
Sorry me and Ron ran the numbers on a Gun Truck build last night and they got scary quick :( I am going to be an observer and admire those that have been down this path!

vtdeucedriver

Sorry me and Ron ran the numbers on a Gun Truck build last night and they got scary quick :( I am going to be an observer and admire those that have been down this path!
No lie there.............been one of my problems for a very long time. I need to focus and stop buying more vehicles. If I did that, I would have had replica #2 in the USA but you know what..........when it happens and the way I want it, it will be worth the wait.

Anyone want to buy a M-151???:cry: Would make a good GunJeep. Ive got to make some sacrifices somewhere.

vtdeucedriver

I'd like to have it there, but I'm not sure that's a realistic goal considering other commitments in my life right now. The truck is ugly, but mostly original. One of my biggest obstacles is that it's in Western Arkansas at a friend's place, and far from being ready to drive home to Georgia.:driver:

My truck's hood number is 5G1516, and I found a picture here: http://grambo.us/atav/probst.htm of a 566th Transportation Company truck with a fairly close hood number... I'd like to find more pictures of their trucks. Maybe they received a block of these trucks in that range, including mine? Unfortunately my truck was partially sandblasted by a previous owner, so sanding to find original markings is not a possibility.
That should be 5G15169 :)

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No lie there.............been one of my problems for a very long time. I need to focus and stop buying more vehicles. If I did that, I would have had replica #2 in the USA but you know what..........when it happens and the way I want it, it will be worth the wait.

Anyone want to buy a M-151???:cry: Would make a good GunJeep. Ive got to make some sacrifices somewhere.
PM me the details on the 151.

zout

Folks - do not forget to stick this on your calendar of events - go to the original #1 post and check out the details.

jatonka

I marked it down and will tell the wife to get vacation set for that week. It is sure gonna be a long drive with Aces & Eights, we'll be there. JT

historyfanatics

Would you fellows allow a non-Transportation gun truck to join your merry band?

I built The Widow Maker, a quad fifty gun truck which served with G Battery, 65th Artillery, in the I Corps area of Vietnam from 1865 to 1972. She was one of the first trucks into Khe Sahn to break the siege.

I think I can make it to Georgia from Texas. I'd like to plan for it, if y'all will have me.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I do not see why not, still a VIETNAM GUN TRUCK, We build DUMP (m51s) based guntrucks and were not transpiration, PLEASE BRING IT, I plan to post up notices at the VA, MY HEAD DOCTOR OFICCE, VV of A, ECT.

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Would you fellows allow a non-Transportation gun truck to join your merry band?
I built The Widow Maker, a quad fifty gun truck which served with G Battery, 65th Artillery, in the I Corps area of Vietnam from 1865 to 1972. She was one of the first trucks into Khe Sahn to break the siege.
I think I can make it to Georgia from Texas. I'd like to plan for it, if y'all will have me.
I have never seen these folks turn anyone away, and I'm sure they would all love to see a Guntruck from an Artillery unit. Wild Thing Guntruck is from an Engineer unit BTW.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I just found this thread.......WOO HOO!!!!! Wreckerman, Elmo D. Possum and Ellie Mae Possum will be there. (even after that ugly incident with an unnamed fat yellow dog). I may bring the "Shagging Waggin" if I can figure out a way to put an air conditioner in it. PB.....is there going to be a parade/hardball convoy????????? There's got to be a parade. How about a drive through Benning? I may still have friends in low places out there if you want to try for it. It would be real cool to have pics of the trucks at the Airborne School with the towers in the background. Let me know and I'll come down and try to set it up.

Hello Gent's,
My name is Bob and I was in SE Asia as a linehauler. I belonged to the 444 trans company. My platoon guntruck was Runnun' Bare. Weird spelling I know. One of the other GT was Little Respect and I can't remember the third.
I wish I could be there but this old body hates the heat.
I arrived in country the week after the Bounty Hunter was blasted. Sterling was the quad gunner, Jenkin's was a loader I think. That was one messed up truck. My first week I spent as a 60 gunner on one of GT's I think Nancy but not sure. I was too green to know what was going on. Later I drove Runnin' Bare's little partner gun jeep as the driver for CC.
You all bring back a lot of memories. Like my first trailer load was Napalm. Did mostly munitions of one kind or another.
Yesterday I bought a 1950 Military Jeep. Trying to get it running now...Enough rambling, love the site.

Bob C....4446970

Red523rd

A Guntruck is a Guntruck...... Who said anything about transportation ??????
Bring it on Houston,,,,, The Widow Maker did run the roads of Vietnam,,,
The Guntrucks were use as needed,,, We would go into hot LZs and get them there jump boys ,,,
thats a story I don't tell much ...... We pulled security at fire bases,,, bob hope shows,,, went down town and picked up ladies of the night for the upidities,, and returned them home.... And That's All I Have To Say About That !!!!! F Gump...
OK,,, Back To Houston,,,,, I wandered off ,,,,, Houston We Have A Problem ????? I am west of Lubbock... Levelland...

I better let baby bear tell my story....
Red
NCOIC Satans LiL Angel
Destroyed 2-20-71
Rebuilt by my two crew members !!!!
Renamed Proud Amercian
Destroyed 3-12-71. ( 20 days later)
Rebuilt by other crews....
Renamed Ace of Spades
Original Ace fell off a cliff into the Perfume River 2-16-71
On a midnight run to Khe Sahn #2 convoy,
I was in #1 convoy bringing up the rear,,
She was not much left to recover ,,, just the weapons and body of the driver,,
I have a picture... It was Pops Ace # 114.......
The new Ace kept the truck # 316 from the Angel and Proud
Thats the tale of the Three Guntrucks ,,,,,, All From The Same Mother !!!!!

I Wander Off Again ,,,,,
I let my mind wander off sometimes,,, And it never comes back !!!!!

See ya at the Hooch,,,

RED

Red523rd

Bring it on Houston,,,

QUOTE=historyfanatics;1514967]Would you fellows allow a non-Transportation gun truck to join your merry band?

I think I can make it to Georgia from Texas. I'd like to plan for it, if y'all will have me.[/QUOTE]

Red523rd

Hello Gent's,
My name is Bob and I was in SE Asia as a linehauler. I belonged to the 444 trans company. My platoon guntruck was Runnun' Bare. Weird spelling I know. One of the other GT was Little Respect and I can't remember the third.
I arrived in country the week after the Bounty Hunter was blasted. Sterling was the quad gunner, Jenkin's was a loader I think. That was one messed up truck. My first week I spent as a 60 gunner on one of GT's I think Nancy but not sure. I was too green to know what was going on. Later I drove Runnin' Bare's little partner gun jeep as the driver for CC.
You all bring back a lot of memories. Like my first trailer load was Napalm. Did mostly munitions of one kind or another.
Yesterday I bought a 1950 Military Jeep. Trying to get it running now...Enough rambling, love the site.

Bob C....4446970

Hey Bob,
the other one was King Cobra ????
I was in 523rd across from The Ponderosa
Red

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Hello Gent's,

Bob C....4446970
Bob... Was this your truck?

Attachments

Red523rd

Why am I just now finding this post ????? Morn Papabear
Papabear,
We will be bringing the 523rd Command Post,,,
Got the windows in,,, She will have a few hail dents that are not fixed ,,
But you just gotta do what ya gotta do,,,to get there.....

my mind returned with this thought....

My Old Guntruck​
Satans Li’L Angelshe had more miles on her than a siagon hookerbut we loved her just the sameand she never left us on the roadshe’d bring back every manher guns worked better than her brakesand this was great for uswe never wanted to stop anyway...just give the dinks a shotshe’d hit to many mines...her wheels wobbled a bitbut she never let that stop her.....from gettin in the ****couldn’t charge into the kill zonecause we knew we couldn’t stopbut we slowed down...as best we couldand gave them every thing we gotshe brought a lota boys home ...ragged as she wasand ya just gotta love her..cause she always hung toughShe bought my happy ass home....and I thank her to this day​
just a ragged ass old guntruck...but she was fearless...in her day.....

Last edited by a moderator:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks