• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Guntruck UNTOUCHABLE under new ownership!

vtdeucedriver

I would just like to share the news that the GT UNTOUCHABLE is under new ownership and will be headed to its new home to Bunker Hill IL in a week. It was purchased from a 523rd Trans vet who served on EVE OF DESTRUCTION and he ran it to several events through 2013 and had a blast doing it. So due to some recent health issues he listed the truck forsale within the "GT Family" first. With some good support, the 359th Transportation Company Association raised enough funds to make the purchase!!!

This truck has had a long history as it was the first GT replica to be built in the USA. It was built in 2001 by Bill Parker who was a Vietnam Vet. The truck would then be owned by Vinny Schwarts of NJ and another Vietnam Veteran. It has been attending reunions since the first Gathering in 2002.

Now that the 359th Assn has it under their control they will continue to operate the truck as it has been all these years under the ownership of Vietnam Veterans who want to preserve their own history.

If anyone wants to help contribute to keep it in operation, they are willing to accept donations and would event accept parts to keep it going. I know they are in need of a set of E-Brake shoes so if anyone has a set laying around that they dont need, I know they would gladly accept them.
PM me for the address.

I will start a thread on their road trip, so that SS members can be on the lookout and offer any support if needed.

Attachments

Al Harvey

I'm looking forward to building a replica GT in the future. I fell in love with the GTs when I saw my first on Trans School.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am located in the Peoria, Illinois area and have space to accommodate the truck with a nice hotel five miles away if they are need of a secure rest area. Glad she is being preserved for future generations! PM if anything is needed along the way. Congrats!
God bless,
Tony

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Pardon my ignorance, but is there a reason GT's typically have radials up front? I've just seen a few GT's now setup all like that?

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is your route ? , I am close to IS 90 , western NY area if it helps . bob k

baseballump

Guys just so you know I saw the UNTOUCHABLE Gun Truck today At Mt Olive Il for our Vietnam Veteran Carvan. It looked Great The new owner said this was the first time out this year. I know the owner and he will take good care of it. Sorry no pictures Wasn't thinking We had over 60 motor cycles, fire trucks, police cars, and a lot of cars and trucks (Most with Vietnam Veteran plates on them).
We went to about 6 Veteran Memorials Placed Flags, 21 gun salute and taps at each. It was a Great Day.

vtdeucedriver

Guys just so you know I saw the UNTOUCHABLE Gun Truck today At Mt Olive Il for our Vietnam Veteran Carvan. It looked Great The new owner said this was the first time out this year. I know the owner and he will take good care of it. Sorry no pictures Wasn't thinking We had over 60 motor cycles, fire trucks, police cars, and a lot of cars and trucks (Most with Vietnam Veteran plates on them).
We went to about 6 Veteran Memorials Placed Flags, 21 gun salute and taps at each. It was a Great Day.
Um "Owner's":-D. Thanks for the heads up on its activity. I am now going to go harass the boys on the FB page on why no AAR for the truck.

359th trans

The Untouchable did 2 reunions In Branson one the fist week of May,The truck was left at a friend of mine that lives there.Then the 2nd one was the first week of June,We brought the truck back to Bunker Hill IL on the way back we blew the turbo so had to get a new turbo installed.We will be leaving for Columbus GA For the gathering on Mon,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks