• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Guys I need Help!

pdstout

I am new to the MV ownership. I am trying to get a M35A2 at a auction. What should I look for, and what should I expect to pay? Whitch would be more reliable? Would I be getting a MONEYPIT? The Auction says thay are in running condition. Any advice would be GREAT!!!
Thanks, P. Stout

grounded

Banned
well that question opened alot of possible answers. search would be your friend.

if its your first time with a deuce. Private sale would be best. so you get formiliar with the truck or stop at a members and let him show you around the deuce. GL is a MAJOR crabshoot. and discription dont mean its true :roll:

area52

Read the deuce forum on here, search and read the TM( tech manuals under the resource section).

This has been answered before, good luck.

pdstout

Thanks for the information. It sounds like getting a M35a2 at a Gov auction is a crapshoot. I hope I do good. Is there any thing I should look for? What is a good price to pay? What is too much?
Thanks again, P. Stout

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pick a few trucks near you. Log into GL and chat here the last day of the auction. Get Dog Head to pick you out a good one from the crappy, fuzzy pics and the missing description. Roll the dice and get ready to get bent over. If you are able to drive it home less than 60 days later, you won the jackpot!

Don't be surprised if ALMOST (NK14 excepted) everyone's EUC goes faster and easier. Try not to complain about GL in chat more than 5 times a day. :)

Seriously, if you feel lucky - do your homework and try GL. Be ready for BS and pain though. Otherwise go private party. Test drive, ask questions, kick a tire or ten. Be ready to pay a little more.

It depends on how much sweat equity you want to put into it.

Jinx

There are a lot of variations with these trucks. Find the one that is equipped the way you want it to be before you start bidding.

Consider whether or not you want a winch, cab heater, hard top, air shift differential, turbo, gun ring mount, fiberglass troop seats, etc. A lot of this stuff (well pretty much all of it) can be added at a later date, but it usually costs a lot more after the fact, than to find a truck with this stuff already equipped.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
If you want to eliminate the doubt and the GL hassle I have a couple of deuces for sale.
I am in NE Alabama and most SS folks know that I am a good sort to do business with.
Prices vary but you can come down and drive them and make sure of what you are getting.
PM me for details

alphadeltaromeo

Thanks for the information. It sounds like getting a M35a2 at a Gov auction is a crapshoot. I hope I do good. Is there any thing I should look for? What is a good price to pay? What is too much?
Thanks again, P. Stout
I got my first deuce for $865.00 *fat grin* but was lucky. Personally, I'd bid for a GL deuce any day of the week. With that said, Wreckerman is good to deal with and straight up...he's also a good option. Additionally, there are other private sellers...bottom line...just do some reading on the forum about the options that are required in your mind, but enjoy the process. Will you potentially have issues...uh huh...so what...what other truck this beefy will you get for around the 2k range and look good driving ;)

Andy

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks