• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

gvw of m35a2 wo/w

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Depends on how you will license it. Antique Auto tags are probably the least expensive, followed by Farm Use tags. Here in SC, GVW less than 9000 can get regular auto tags, above that and not in the above two categories is classified as a truck, and the license cost varies according to weight. I used the on-road GVW on my SF97 application, and it will cost me about another $35 a year over using the off-road max weight ($185 vs $150 for the annual tag). Property taxes were only $19.45 for the year. Check your state division of motor vehicles for information specific to your situation.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
well that is interesting,Ucan drive the M35A2, but, does any one know what the GVW of the M36A2 would be, it is an long wheel base Deuce more or less, I think
No data tag on the dash ?
The only difference is the wheel base . Same suspension , axles, tires ect .If your not going to tag it historical ( a lot of restrictions ) tag it for 24,000 lbs
$500 a year for plates

Page 48 of this Technical Manual (-10 operators manual should be read by everyone before driving a M35 of any variant )

TM9-2320-209-10-1.pdf
TM9-2320-209-10-1 Operation, Installation and Reference data for the M35 series, Operator Level.
M36A2 GVWR 25,510 on road.

Last edited:

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
^^^this, and, IIRC,it is on the metal data plate on the dash

macdevious

I was lead to understand that the truck and the bed were longer than the M35A2, as were the wheelbase and the Cargo bed. what I am trying to figure out is can the M36A2 be driven in michigan without a CDL, ( the M35 Is legal in MICH), we have a crazy system her that involve a lot more math then I want to deal with right now about the wheel base vs weight and a hole load of government gobbly-goop. I had found some info on the web but seem to have misplaced it, did we all know that there is a longer yet Alonger M35A2

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was lead to understand that the truck and the bed were longer than the M35A2, as were the wheelbase and the Cargo bed. what I am trying to figure out is can the M36A2 be driven in michigan without a CDL, ( the M35 Is legal in MICH), we have a crazy system her that involve a lot more math then I want to deal with right now about the wheel base vs weight and a hole load of government gobbly-goop. I had found some info on the web but seem to have misplaced it, did we all know that there is a longer yet Alonger M35A2
They have a 20 foot bed everything else is the same as a M35A2. They are under 26,000# and air over hydraulic brakes . So no CDL here in michigan . If your using it for personal use a CDL isn't need even for a 5 ton. What's your planned use for it ?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks