• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

H-1 Purchase

trsnider

Experts,
I have possible chance to get an H-1 (closest ill prob get to affording a real one!) not sure of yr yet, has 100K miles, good 37 12.50 tires, CTIS, bucket seats, no rust, straight body, square box looking top, diesel don't know which one, looks very close to military to me, bunch of crappy custom faded advertising paint graphics so gonna need a mil paint job, current inspection, sorry lack of better description, I know very little about these, (military electronics is my area of knowledge)

I was hoping someone could give me an idea of a safe offer, " if you could get it for ??? you couldn't go wrong"

THANK YOU
Tony

jdknech

between $20K-$100K depends on if the owner thinks its gold or not.. the year makes a big differance as well.. I have been looking for a H1 for years, and a running driving one with no major issues is gonna run you $20K(cheap) to around $40K(normal price) the wagons tend to be cheaper..

Hoefler

In 202 I bought a new H1. Overall was good with exception of leaking hubs. Perhaps the worst part of owning it was vandalism and getting the bird by folks in Subarus. My wife and I would use the truck for date night-that soon ended due to people messing with it in the parking lot. Egged, keyed and dented. One guy jumped in the middle of the road to give me a dual finger gesture! He ran pretty fast when I stopped to engage him. Sold the truck but which I still had it.
Pete

av8or

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe 20 k is entry level for a H1 civi as well as H1 military. Shop a bit for a real one if that's what you want. I did and think you can save money on a military model.

B3.3T

You will never be happy with an H1 if a real one is what you want. Never substitute.

RDUKW

Price can vary wildly depending on year, AC upgrade, maintenance, #8 cylinder problem/upgrade and overall condition. You need to post a picture of a few more details if you want an accurate price. I have seen them sold for $6500(off of the bottom of a lake) to $180000(Alpha)

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not enough info....need year, condition..and plenty of pics. H1's are maint pigs, as are HMMWV's....I work on them day in and day out, 7 days a week. Other then an H1 mechanic...I would be Leary on sending it to anyone who didnt know the vehicles for inspection. Used to be I could call AM General and give them the VIN and they would tell me the maint history.