• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

H-161 / Bailout Cable Issues

kml9705

I'm having issues with the H-161 headsets where it connects to the bailout cable. I understand that this is a problem area. I even purchased new NOS headsets and bailout cables and still had issues right out of the box. It seems that they only work correctly when there is a slight pressure to one side. I had taped up the connectors with a piece of metal to hold them at the angle that worked and it held up great for a while, but the first time I went off road with the truck this "fix" shook enough to loose the connection again.

Does anyone have a permanent fix for this issue or any ideas? Has anyone ever cut the connections out and wired them directly together?

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm having issues with the H-161 headsets where it connects to the bailout cable. I understand that this is a problem area. I even purchased new NOS headsets and bailout cables and still had issues right out of the box. It seems that they only work correctly when there is a slight pressure to one side. I had taped up the connectors with a piece of metal to hold them at the angle that worked and it held up great for a while, but the first time I went off road with the truck this "fix" shook enough to loose the connection again.

Does anyone have a permanent fix for this issue or any ideas? Has anyone ever cut the connections out and wired them directly together?
That's not a bad idea, I don't anticipate being under fire and bailing myself :)

papakb

Are you talking about where the 2 bailout connectors meet or where the cable connects to the radio? I've got plenty of both the 161s and cables and have never experienced this problem.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks