• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

H1 Battery Tray fitment to HMMWV

Augdog1964

Hey all,

Anybody ever moved their HMMWV batteries?

I bought 4 Isringhausen seats with nice bases, and I'd like to get rid of the batteries so I can use the original base and setup.

I would like to have them under the hood for maintenance anyway...

Anybody come up with a different location or setup?

dilvoy

From 1994 and on, the Hummers used a bracket to hold the two batteries against the right hand air lift bracket and above the tire. They were not using the large 6TL Batteries like the military does though, just normal light truck batteries.

Wire Fox

View attachment 674990here you go, www.hummerpartsguy.com has them on sale I believe. All you have to do is drill a couple of holes to mount it.
That's actually pretty slick. If I didn't already have my battery compartment squared away, I'd consider that. Major downside I see is it looks like your terminals are going to get a lot of road spray and will need a lot of attention.

Augdog1964

It appears that the pic is the first version of the tray... after some research due to the road grime issue, a second version came out, and it included seals to seal the battery compartment to the hood itself... resolved the issue... that is what I'm going to do.

Thanks all!

Wire Fox

It appears that the pic is the first version of the tray... after some research due to the road grime issue, a second version came out, and it included seals to seal the battery compartment to the hood itself... resolved the issue... that is what I'm going to do.

Thanks all!
I actually floated through the related parts on HPG and there were all kinds of components for a battery tray splash shield. That must be at least one of the possible solutions. Do share some pictures once you have yours all setup!

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The factory battery splash shield is garbage, fabricate something else if you use the H1 battery tray.
Frankly, I like were the batteries are, working on the H1, the batteries are always in the way.