• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

H1 bias ply with a tube in it?

Sarge29

Just curious if anyone has ever ran the bias tire with the beadlock removed and a tube put in. I want to use this setup for a highway spare but not if it is a death trap. I just need a spare and this one has good tread but the local tire shop boogered up the bead and it wont seal with the beadlock in it. any thoughts

emr

In the ol" days a tube would act as a cheap bead lock, well better than none anyways, U can put a tube in anytire, as long as it is the correct size, or darn close. oh and in the ol" days a set of lockers was 2 VW brake handles between the seats, they were narrow enough to fit there in a Jeep, And when one wheel would slip the driver would apply some brake pressure to that wheel, and walla, back in the day before there was a something for everything, :driver:

Sarge29

I just was not sure about running the tire on there without the runflat in it. I knew that a tube would work but not sure how well the tire would stay on the wheel. There was something that just didn't look right. I guess I an used to looking at a regular wheel.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks