• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

H1 rims and tires set up. Need some help

kweb434

I have searched and I haven’t found what I’m looking for. I want to put a set of military H1 rims and tires on my M1008. I want to put a set of Goodyear 37” MT’s on the rims but I’m not sure if I need the 8, 12 or 24 bolt rims. I heard that the 8 bolt rims are only for the Goodyear 36” tires is this true? A little help would be awesome before I buy the wrong rims. Thanks

EF-5

I'm not sure about 8 bolt rims. I have four, two piece, 12 bolt rims with run flat inserts that I don't need anymore. I was running the 37" MT's on them, but got a really good deal on some nice rims, so I switched them out.

If you have any doubt I would just go with the 12bolt, they seem to be the most common anyways. Hope that helps a little bit lol.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try an advanced search in the cucv forum, for 12 bolt rim.

You need 12 bolt rims(or more). for the 37" radials. Just ask the manuafacturer(not every tom, dick and harry on the internet.

kweb434

Ok, that is why I am here searching and asking questions and not on google. I thought that is what this site was for. I have found others to be very helpful on Steel Soldiers with other questions I have had, figured experience is always best.

Disciple

If you're looking for great prices and service, I'd recommend these guys: www.militaryoffroadtires.net. I got a really good price on a set of 4 (still need to order one more as a spare) 12- bolt wheels and 37" MT tires already mounted and balanced with the run-flats in them. They are in great shape and still new! I'd say 99% tread, still had the little nubbins sticking out on them. They shipped right away via truck. One wheel was desert tan, the other three were flat black so I gave them all a fresh coat of flat black with the rattle can. Lookin' good. Very pleased.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks