• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

H4 Headlight Conversion.. LED bulbs?

tim292stro

:funny:

I found the SAE spec on a law firm page, for 9004 (SAE "U.S.A." H4 equivalent) it's 800 lumens low, and 1316 lumens high. To my recollection that sounds right - and if you look at JW Speaker's page they talk about "effective lumens" in that range...

The LED armor light conversion I'm doing for the XM1027 has a 500w/55,000lumen LED... A sherrif's helicopter spot light (NightSun) is 75,000 lumens when new - I think there is somethin off about the numbers you found for the headlights...

Last edited:

JohnnyBM931A2

Yeah I knew it was definitely wrong. That was what was listed for the Wagner sealed beam incandescent bulbs that I was looking at (same as I had on my truck before I removed them.) Obviously the seller put the wrong amount on there, or he used the wrong unit of measurement.

WYomer

Often overlooked in freezing environments is the lack of
heat associated w/ LED's. Start driving down the road
w/ an LED in a snowstorm and you will soon be
trying to engineer in some headlight wiper blades,
as the snow and ice stick to and build up on the lens.

These leds get super hot i think the snow would melt off but i didnt think of that living in cali lol]
Ok I'm going to do this soon but I live in the cold snowy regions of the world. Any idea if a solid LED bank has the capability to not freeze over in a snowstorm?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks