• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

H45 stove

6tmile

Hello all, I picked up a H45 multi fuel stove. I plan on using it for heating my skinning shed. I have the 5 gallon fuel can and all the fittings, but want to use a bigger tank for fuel. Do I just need a vent on the bigger tank? Or do I have to use the same set up that they use with the 5 gallon fuel can.( the threaded pipe that goes into the fuel can cap)

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, you can use a larger tank. It will need to be vented also. Make sure the tank is securely plumbed to the H45 fuel meter (no leaks) and kept at a distance. That heater will get hot.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The heater needs to be gravity fed. The control valve acts just like a carburetor... it has a float inside. When the heater is not in use, i suggest you put a shot off valve on the bigger tank as well. It never hurts to have too many shut offs. I would also suggest your tank not use the factory jerry can spout adapter. if you can actually plumb something to the bottom of a fuel tank with a shut off valve, it will be a lot better. I was going to use a 50 gallon truck tank for mine that is vented on the top.

Scrounger

In Korea we used to have 55-gallon drums on their sides in a wooden rack outside the tents, kind of like a reinforced X pattern. I wish I had a picture. They were plumbed using the small hole positioned at 6 o’clock and had a shut off valve. Then for filling we just went down the row of tents and filled the drums from a bulk tank.