• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

had to have.

wheelspin

hey guys, I'm new as you already know. i just got the opportunity to drive my first MV home with me. a 1967 m35a2 with the white multifuel. after reading some of the other recovery's my trip was Sunday drive literly. it made the 125 mile trip using about half a tank of fuel, bouncing us to death, heater stuck on, and a bad clutch knee, and now a flat ass and a ringing in my ears (no wander our GIs are always so pissed after a drive) WILL SOMEONE ANSWER THAT DAMN PHONE!! LOL... did find just over half way back i lost the front left inside tire, NO pressure and had ran it flat for some time at 50-58 mph. hope i did not ruin it. got it from a guy in tarpon springs who had bought a few through GL but wanted to get some thing bigger. it has a winch, full canvass, 53k on the clock, new battery's, fuel pump, 4 tires, newer radiator.
hope to have it registered in a few weeks, and thanks for the tip on Gulfway insurance as they gave me a really good quote.

wheelspin

yea, it seems like i have seen that no pics thing here before. so here is a few of the trip home to south west Florida from the Tampa area. took it right over the skyway bridge, for those of you that live here in Florida know this thing. took that way because we don't have any mountains to clime.

Attachments

Wild Horse Hans

I grew up in FL. My Dad, Brother and I were on that bridge the day it fell. We were just coming up and had plenty of time to stop, but I will never forget watching that Greyhound bus fall to the water below. I was only about 12 or 13 when that happened.

wheelspin

I grew up in FL. My Dad, Brother and I were on that bridge the day it fell. We were just coming up and had plenty of time to stop, but I will never forget watching that Greyhound bus fall to the water below. I was only about 12 or 13 when that happened.
my uncle was with the FHP and had just crossed it in his cruiser when he heard over the squawk box that it had fell just behind him.

wheelspin

LOL that's good one, but no it was a fun ride. i had blew out my knee at work just last tues. a total dislocation at the knee joint.. yea!!! but i maned up and drove my new truck home. it made me feel like a little kid with a great new toy, and the air horns, just great!!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks