• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Had To Jump Start The A2 Yesterday

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
About 15*F out. Cold start ether system didn't seem to be working. Wore the batteries down cranking. Slaved off of my Contact Maintenance truck. Used the proper slaving procedures as outlined in the TM. Fired right up and ran just dandy!

That's all, just wanted to let you know.

No pics either.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A2 ? Dosnt it have the flame heater?
Some do, not this one. First time I've had an issue.

The A3 by the way, has it's ether system fried, bad releasing valve, because of an incorrect switch. Someone installed an MS39061-3, "normally on, momentary off" instead of an MS39061-2, "normally off, momentary on" switch. TURDS!!

tco3129

7 degrees at 10:00 this morning. Got a magnetic oilpan heater I actually remembered to plug in. Got a manifold flame heater that SORTA works. Checked the cows and then fired her up. I was a little suprised it did finally hit. Guess it was meant for me to go to church this morning.
This one has an LD. My LDT starts much easier without any assistance but it still had 7 rolls of hay on it. Didn't want road salt on my hay.:D

dutchguy

Been working on mine, got the flame heater going a few weeks back, at least from what I could tell. Nozzle sprays, and got fire at the spark igniter. Thought it would be good to give her a try yesterday, as it was about 18 degrees. While cranking, the flame heater didn't seem to help. Soooo, I hit the switch for a second or two before hitting the starter button. :cookoo: That did it, and she snorted to life. Wish I could see inside the intake manifold......
My truck has a soft top, and no heater. Took her for a nice little spin on the icy roads, window down so we didn't fog up. Reminded me of snowmobiling.:cool:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks