• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WA Hagerty comes through - again

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After the last vehicle I insured with Hagerty was wrecked, I was a little leary going back to them, fearing rejection.

Well, I started an online application, and they insisted I call.

Thinking I was gonna be immediately flagged, the person that answered told me that they rejected my application because I'm an existing customer, and that's why it was flagged, and they would be more than happy to re-open the account and add some vehicles to it.

2 vehicles, with a combined 25K value, and their 3rd gear (top tier) roadside package that includes UNLIMITED tows of up to 150 miles, even if it's not break down related, or I needed to take my vehicles to a shop, or to a show, was about $500/yr. The first vehicle and the roadside package was the vast majority of that, with only about $80 of that being for the second vehicle..

Once again, they make the process seamless, with no issues, and explained benefits of their roadside packages.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
After the last vehicle I insured with Hagerty was wrecked, I was a little leary going back to them, fearing rejection.

Thinking I was gonna be immediately flagged, the person that answered told me that they rejected my application because I'm an existing customer, and that's why it was flagged, and they would be more than happy to re-open the account and add some vehicles to it.

2 vehicles, with a combined 25K value, and their 3rd gear (top tier) roadside package that includes UNLIMITED tows of up to 150 miles, even if it's not break down related, or I needed to take my vehicles to a shop, or to a show, was about $500/yr. The first vehicle and the roadside package was the vast majority of that, with only about $80 of that being for the second vehicle..

Once again, they make the process seamless, with no issues, and explained benefits of their roadside packages.
Wow! Nice! Getting a good insurance story rather than Gloom and Doom sure is refreshing...
Congratulations.
Really glad that Hagerty took good care of you.
(No, I don't work for an insurance company)

M35fan

Steel Soldiers Supporter

I'm glad to hear that they had good news for you! For those of us who don't know, which two vehicles are you insuring? Is there a weight/size limit on the roadside assistance? Hagerty has been fair with me so far, but I only carry liability insurance on my Deuce. Might have to check into upgrading my policy.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter

We are all 20 questions when the word roadside/towing comes up in insurance policy and for what ive read when you dig into the policy when your 20,000 lb truck breaks down they dont pay for wreckers the sise you need to tow you they furnish tow trucks that tow a hummer or cucv i would get them to send you something in writing stating heavy commercial wrecker coverage

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We are all 20 questions when the word roadside/towing comes up in insurance policy and for what ive read when you dig into the policy when your 20,000 lb truck breaks down they dont pay for wreckers the sise you need to tow you they furnish tow trucks that tow a hummer or cucv i would get them to send you something in writing stating heavy commercial wrecker coverage
Anything over 10K is driver's discretion. A buddy's deuce was towed on a flatbed... via Hagerty...Not sure how legal that was, but it got done. I was told if they need to call a bigger wrecker, it will be covered but there may be an additional wait.

In terms of towing to/from a shop for maintenance, or to a show, I was advised to give them at least 24 hours notice, with the more the better, so they can schedule it at the right time.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anything over 10K is driver's discretion. A buddy's deuce was towed on a flatbed... via Hagerty...Not sure how legal that was, but it got done. I was told if they need to call a bigger wrecker, it will be covered but there may be an additional wait.

In terms of towing to/from a shop for maintenance, or to a show, I was advised to give them at least 24 hours notice, with the more the better, so they can schedule it at the right time.
That is much better than what i expected ! Thanks for the heads up

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is much better than what i expected ! Thanks for the heads up
Well, when I was rear ended in my M1009, they had a check cut to me in about a week... and a 'get well soon' letter with Hagerty swag showed up soon after signed by hand by people in their office, when they realized I had been hospitalized.

They could be stretching the truth, but I have no reason to believe they'd be lying...

Bill Nutting

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We stopped at the Hagerty “ garage” while on the 2021 MVPA Yellowstone convoy. We got to hang out with the folks that work there. They fed us an unbelievable dinner and we had a great time looking over their extensive collection of cars, trucks and boats. I have three vehicles insured with them. Fortunately I have never needed to file a claim. Hearing that they treat their customers well doesn’t surprise me at all. That company is made up of a bunch of very nice gear heads!

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm glad to hear that they had good news for you! For those of us who don't know, which two vehicles are you insuring? Is there a weight/size limit on the roadside assistance? Hagerty has been fair with me so far, but I only carry liability insurance on my Deuce. Might have to check into upgrading my policy.
M1031 and M185 that currently has a deuce bed, soon to be an enclosed box.

Bill Nutting

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another insurance that I have is with my home owners. It’s a $1M umbrella policy. It covers whatever the auto or homeowners doesn’t cover. So if someone gets huts falling off my MV at a show and they sue me, this policy covers it above whatever my homeowners would cover. This applies to someone being hurt on my property as well. Because it’s a secondary policy, the premium is very reasonable. I think it’s a few hundred per year. I call it my “good nights sleep” insurance.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Another insurance that I have is with my home owners. It’s a $1M umbrella policy. It covers whatever the auto or homeowners doesn’t cover. So if someone gets huts falling off my MV at a show and they sue me, this policy covers it above whatever my homeowners would cover. This applies to someone being hurt on my property as well. Because it’s a secondary policy, the premium is very reasonable. I think it’s a few hundred per year. I call it my “good nights sleep” insurance.
Agreed!

My insurance agent offered that coverage to me several years ago. I just couldn't refuse it.
That much coverage for that little bit of premium is a nice way to CYA the right way!
It isn't very often that I feel like I got a good deal on insurance. This is/was for sure.
Necessary Evil is what I call it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks