• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hair line cracks in radiator capgasket

Snowtiger

After close examination of my cooling system and allot of reading the manual, I had pulled my water pump and changed my thermostat due to having no pressure in my cooling system. Exhausted all possibilities I did what should have been done first, I inspected my radiator cap and discovered three hair line cracks in the brass disc just under the cap, will this allow pressure to escape or does the rubber gasket seal everything at the bottom.

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The rubber gasket on the spring loaded part of the cap seals the pressure. Look for damage to it or to the surface down in the neck of the radiator it seals to.

Snowtiger

After changing the radiator cap with the correct replacement it appears that my water pressure is back up and I discovered I was placing a gauge on the wrong part of my cooling system to get the desired reading (lesson learned).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks