• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Half Doors on IP

Sintorion

Curious if anyone has bought the half doors listed on IP. They seem to be very pricey at $1400 for 4 plus the transaction fee and shipping which puts them about $400 per door. Unless they are using 7075 there is no more than $100 in material per door.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those look pretty simple.
They used the weaker soft door hinge.
Mine I made are a little more $ but alot better.

Ddk2001

I exchanged emails with a guy from Plan B about those doors. I figured they were Plan B product because of the location and look of the doors. His explanation / response to me was that they are likely Plan B's "gen 1" doors - made with 1/4 Aluminum. According to them, there were some changes to the armrest and seal between gen 1 and 2 - that the gen 2 doors fit better. He said most people can't tell the difference between gen 1 and gen 2.

I asked about that hinge too - they said they've not had any problems with the hinges - holds the doors fine. He said they use the same hinges on their full doors - they make the hinges on-site.

I was interested in them too - but ended up passing on them.

Sintorion

Just looked at the Plan B doors. Wow! Those are even more expensive and pretty basic. I think I will look into making my own. I figure I can make them on my own for $200 each. If I bought materials in bulk like Plan B should be able to, that cost would be closer to $100. I need to get into the door business.

Wire Fox

Not sure why everyone is wanting hard doors and at the current prices...
Yes it is cool and all but wow are they expensive.
I like the idea of having a lock as a deterrent, even if it's easily defeated. At this point, I honestly prefer the soft doors since I can pop them off in about 20 seconds, but I would have to find some crazy way to make them lockable to make comfortable use of them regularly. Either way, until I can afford a hard set, this is what I'm sticking with!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks