• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Half shaft identification 7k, 10k, 12k

Mikei998

I have replaced my half shafts recently. One of my boots blew out And now I have to replace the boot because the shafts are new. Got them off eBay about 2 years ago and can’t find the order info. Think I got the 10k shafts but not sure . How do I identify what I have 7k , 10k, or 12k?
also what boots are best.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What vehicle do you have? If as your avatar eludes to you have a M998 or a M998A1 you can only install 7 or 10 K shafts, if you have an A2 you will only have 12K shafts.
I measured some shafts out in the shop and I get 7K= 1.085" 10K= 1.140" and 12K= 1.210"
The 12K has a very distinct triangular shaped plunge body (not talking about the flange).
Most likely they were 10K and factory boots are the only ones worth a hoot.
For MOST 10K the kits you will need 57K0274, plunge end and 57K0275 fixed end, but don't take my word on that :ROFLMAO:
Be careful as many sellers selling these kits are selling junk, most of the junk ones do not have factory style clamps and do not include the clips etc.

Last edited:

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
See attached.
The 7K are generally considered non rebuildable as you have to beat them apart instead of just releasing a clip.
It is a very messy job and thankless job o_O

Attachments

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is what the factory kits look like.

INFChief

The parts you have may have a part # stamped or inked in it. The parts TM will be your best friend in identifying the correct part(s) you need. A crucial piece of info when looking up parts in the TM is know your UOC (usable on code). That code delineates which specific model some parts go to.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks